'17 LA OT Adrian Ealy

rote

LSU Bound if they offer.

fishing-les-miles-corn-dog.gif

Reactions: 15 people
“I love Tennessee,” said Ealy, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 104 overall prospect and No. 17 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

“They showed mad love when I went up there. I got a chance to see one of the top schools when I went up there, so I love Tennessee. When I went up there, I loved the school, I loved the coaches there and everything. Tennessee is definitely one of the teams I’m taking the most interest in. I really didn’t think it was going to be that big.

“I went up there and Tennessee showed some crazy love, so they’re one of the schools at the top right now.”

-GoVols247

Reactions: 4 people
LSU I'm sure is involved here. Will be tough to get him from them, especially if he is a top priority. Glad to see us getting involved and some consideration though.

Originally Posted by :
“I love Tennessee,” said Ealy, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 104 overall prospect and No. 17 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

“They showed mad love when I went up there. I got a chance to see one of the top schools when I went up there, so I love Tennessee. When I went up there, I loved the school, I loved the coaches there and everything. Tennessee is definitely one of the teams I’m taking the most interest in. I really didn’t think it was going to be that big.

“I went up there and Tennessee showed some crazy love, so they’re one of the schools at the top right now.”
-GoVols247

I'm curious to know if he has been up here yet?

Just funning the kid. I'm sure doing interviews is a new experience for a lot of these guys. Hope he comes to UT and our journalism folks can help prepare him for his NFL interviews!

I know we're in on some good OL for '17. I would like to have this guy commit early. He'll get bumped in the ratings and be a borderline 5*

“I just got offered by Auburn (on Feb. 23),” Ealy said. “That’s a school I’m looking at. Tennessee is big on me right now. Mississippi State, Florida State, Texas, Florida, South Carolina. Pretty much all the SEC schools and Big 12 schools.”

Expanding on his willingness to look around, Ealy said, “Being around LSU every single day, walking the campus every day, I love it. But I wouldn’t be scared to leave. Some people might be scared but I’m not that kind of person. I’m not afraid to leave home. I’ll keep all my options open.”

Ealy plans a few stops in the months ahead.

“I’m thinking about going to Tennessee, Auburn and I may head to Alabama,” he said. “I’ve got some camps at Florida, Florida State. There’s also the Nike camp and I’ve got Rivals camp next week.

Rivals

The 6-foot-6, 280-pound lineman first stepped foot on Rocky Top last July during the Tennessee “Orange Carpet” event, where he spoke with Vols coach Butch Jones – and received the offer that Ealy said he was “extremely excited about.”
“(The Orange Carpet event) was great,” Louisiana’s top-rated junior offensive tackle said. “I walked in there and they had a whole ESPN media thing set up for me and they were calling my name out. That was new to me so I liked Tennessee real quick.”
The Vols have only pursued the University Laboratory School standout harder since, and Ealy’s daily conversations with several coaches have allowed him to hold a close relationship with them.
“I’ve been talking to coach (Robert) Gillespie a lot,” Ealy said. “He’s really been my main recruiter – him and (graduate assistant) coach Merci (Falaise). I’ve built a real close relationship with them. I talk to them every day. Tennessee is about the only school that really texts me good morning and has a full conversation with me every day – really the only ones that talk to me on that much of a daily basis.”
“Tennessee is the school that has showed me the most love, like they really want me,” the Scout No. 235 prospect in the 2017 class said. “They talk to me every day like I said. They called me on signing day and all the coaches talked to me, showing me that they wanted me. Nigel had just committed at the time and they called me and said, ‘This could be you next year.’
“They really got some good guys going there. So I can see that the whole program is all really progressing and going up.”
Ealy said there is a 100-percent chance he will be making an official visit to Rocky Top sometime over the next year. He intends to make his final decision on National Signing Day.

Reactions: 3 people
I won't believe we will get any highly rated recruit out of Louisiana till I see it happen but at least this sounds encouraging.

"OL Adrian Ealy from Louisiana says he will be in Knoxville for orange carpet day. Robert Gillespie continuing to do work in the Pelican State."

- Hubbs

Reactions: 5 people
"Adrian Ealy is already ranked relatively high in the Rivals250, but he showed that he might be deserving of a bump even higher in the rankings. Because of his size and length, he's high on several schools' boards and he has shown continued improvement at every major event he attends. As his technique continues to improve, Ealy will be a guy that should flourish under quality college coaching."

- rivals

If we pulled one out the LA hat to me would show how far our program has come. Hope he commits at orange carpet day. Have a feeling he might.

Mr. Ealy is another one that has named his top 6 schools of choice in order via Scout:

Oklahoma-favorite, Arizona, LSU, Miami, UT, & Texas

Last edited:

VN Store

Back