Wisconsin RB denied admission, lists Vols

Fingers

Jordan Stevenson. Four star rating on 247 composite last year. Any chance here?

Running back Jordan Stevenson (Dallas/South Oak Cliff) said Wisconsin told him he’s expected to receive his release around 2:30 p.m. CST from his National Letter of Intent.

Wisconsin denied the four-star running back admissions yesterday, as first-reported by 247Sports.com.

According to sources, schools interested in Stevenson once he's granted his release include Alabama, Miami, Nebraska, South Carolina, Mryland, Louisville, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, SMU, Oregon State, Pitt, Arkansas, Michigan and Oklahoma State.

Reactions: 14 people
Better question would be.....why was he denied admission? Would he be able to get into UT?

Reactions: 13 people
In his highlight video, he leaps over a kid on 2 separate occasions to score. Looks to be a great athlete

This would be sweet!

We take him and he's ready to go? Then do we redshirt Kelly and/or Young? If we miss on a back this class does this negate that? :dunno:

From the football talk thread:

Yes some growing interest according to Callahan and a poster on 247 said this...

"Bartow is reporting that he's an NCAA qualifier. If that's so, isn't it entirely possible that somebody in D1 admits him? Wisky247 staff says 22ACT and 2.4 GPA. The GPA is low for sure, but the 22 is not low for an athlete, it doesn't seem to me.

Aaaaand, there's this:
Where will former Wisconsin signee Jordan Stevenson land?

Says tons of schools are interested, including Tennessee."

Credit to my fellow engineering Vol for the info.

Reactions: 2 people
Signed to play up north, so I think Michigan seems likely, unless he doesn't want to play against his nearly teammates

Better question would be.....why was he denied admission? Would he be able to get into UT?

From what I've read it had something to do with him taking a course that would normally be accepted elsewhere, but not at Wisconsin. (Something like he took an online foreign language class that Wisconsin wouldn't accept.)

The only thing that really bothers me about the situation is that they didn't deny him until now. I feel like this is something they could have let the kid know about officially a while ago, but instead he's got about a month to find somewhere to land.

Signed to play up north, so I think Michigan seems likely, unless he doesn't want to play against his nearly teammates

He might be getting looks from entirely new (possibly better) programs now that teams have gone through spring practice and are starting to get a feel for what they have or don't have moving into fall camp.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back