'17 GA DE Michael Allen (Wake Forest commit)

Fingers

411311.jpg

Michael Allen
6-6, 226
Weak-Side Defensive End
Buford, GA (Lanier)

Michael Allen, Lanier, Weak-Side Defensive End
Michael Allen - Yahoo! Sports
Michael Allen - Hudl

Offers: Vandy, Wake Forest

“I’ve been up here before. I used to live here,” said Allen, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 469 overall prospect and No. 21 weakside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

“I went to middle school and elementary (in Knoxville). It was Green Magnet (Academy) for elementary, and then it was Karns Middle School.”

“They’re trying really hard to get me to come back. I’d be willing to come back.”

“I guess I (have), like, a sense of home, just a little bit,” he said. “I came back and I recognized where everything was. It seemed nice.”

Reactions: 1 person
On tape, it's clear why Allen has such an impressive offer list. His closing speed is outstanding. His ability to rush the passer is hard to top. He practically lives in the backfield, creating havoc against the opposition. His length clearly gives him an advantage.

As a junior, Allen racked up 67 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, eight sacks and two interceptions on the year.

Notre Dame offers three star defensive end Michael Allen

FWIW, he did not test very well at The Opening in Atlanta last month. Weighing in at 6-6, 241, Allen recorded a 5.04 40, 5.15 shuttle, 35' powerball toss & a 26.4" vertical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
On tape, it's clear why Allen has such an impressive offer list. His closing speed is outstanding. His ability to rush the passer is hard to top. He practically lives in the backfield, creating havoc against the opposition. His length clearly gives him an advantage.

As a junior, Allen racked up 67 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, eight sacks and two interceptions on the year.

Notre Dame offers three star defensive end Michael Allen

FWIW, he did not test very well at The Opening in Atlanta last month. Weighing in at 6-6, 241, Allen recorded a 5.04 40, 5.15 shuttle, 35' powerball toss & a 26.4" vertical.

Those Opening stats are not very good.

On Allen's performance at the Nike Opening Camp in Charlotte:

Three-star defensive end Michael Allen, a pretty high-priority Tennessee target from Georgia, had a pretty good day on the defensive line, too.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
"Just caught up with Michael Allen and he will be in Tennessee next weekend for the Orange Carpet Day. He said he really likes the Vols, and remember, the family is very familiar with Tennessee because of living in Knoxville at one point. Georgia is still a real player with him and Southern Cal, LSU, Wake Forest are in the mix as well. "

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back