'17 FL OT Kai-Leon Herbert (Michigan commit)

hibbs

Kai-Leon Herbert, American Heritage, Offensive Tackle
Kai-Leon Herbert - Yahoo! Sports
Kai-Leon Herbert - Hudl

Kai-Leon Herbert ‏@KHerb17 51m51 minutes ago

I'm Blessed to say I've received my 1st #SEC offer from Tennessee #RockyTop
CKJZ8dLWcAAYVbq.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Kai-Leon Herbert suited up in Neyland Stadium for the first time Friday for a Tennessee camp that featured over 400 participants. If Butch Jones has his way, it won’t be the last time either.
Herbert, a class of 2017 offensive tackle and three-star prospect, received a Tennessee offer Friday during his visit.
“It was great,” Herbert said. “I was very excited that I got it.”
The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Plantation, Fla., native has already accumulated nine total offers, including Miami, Michigan, Maryland, California and North Carolina. The Vols struck first to become Herbert’s first SEC offer during an event where he was able to show the coaching staff his quick feet, powerful burst to the second level and pancake ability.
“The coaches said I performed great. I feel like I did ok,” Herbert said. “The camp was great. There was some good competition out there. The campus was nice.”
Coaches raved about Herbert’s size, but the American Heritage School left tackle is still using his next two years of high school football to improve his strength and physicality at the line of scrimmage.
They liked my athleticism. They say they like the way that my body is and the way I play,” Herbert said. “(I’m working on) getting stronger, better footwork, tightening up my hands and just getting better.”
The Sunshine State star said he’s unsure if distance will ultimately play a factor in his decision, but when it comes to deciding where he’ll play at the next level, Herbert is searching for the total package.
(I’m looking at) the opportunity to play and the offense that they have,” he said. “It has to be a nice campus and great coaches, and of course, academics — stuff like that."

Reactions: 1 person
All of these OT getting offers, but Jalen McKenzie hasn't gotten one? I'm confused...sorry for the side bar.

All of these OT getting offers, but Jalen McKenzie hasn't gotten one? I'm confused...sorry for the side bar.

Still early. Kahlil wasn't even offered at this stage. Herbert got the offer because he did really well at the TN camp. Kind of like how we offered that OT out of GA before everyone else... :thumbsup:

Still early. Kahlil wasn't even offered at this stage. Herbert got the offer because he did really well at the TN camp. Kind of like how we offered that OT out of GA before everyone else... :thumbsup:

I don't think it's a big deal that Jalen hasn't been offered yet, but Kahlil definitely had an offer at this stage. He was already a commit from the Opening last year...

I don't think it's a big deal that Jalen hasn't been offered yet, but Kahlil definitely had an offer at this stage. He was already a commit from the Opening last year...

Kahlil committed in the summer before his senior year. Jalen is just about to start his junior year. He's still a year away from the point at which Kahlil committed.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida leads, but it sounds like we are in the race too

"I have no top schools other than a leader, but Tennessee, Michigan, Miami are in the mix, and that's it so far. I might not make a commitment until after this season or sometime during my senior year." "I want to go back to Florida, and then Tennessee to see a game, and I got to see Michigan. I just want to get to know the coaches and how they are with the players and how things are on game day with the atmosphere."

-Rivals, 8/26

Committed to Michigan. HG, what happened here? Thought I remember you saying he was a Gator.

That whole Lion King thing paying dividends....

Good lord recruiting has become such a farce its ridiculous. Fighting off zombies? Just a pick a damn hat or something. I mean at the end of the video he just rips his shirt off and picks Michigan. Why couldn't he just do that at the start of the video? Kind of a dumb way to reveal your commit after spending two minutes fighting off the undead.

Good lord recruiting has become such a farce its ridiculous. Fighting off zombies? Just a pick a damn hat or something. I mean at the end of the video he just rips his shirt off and picks Michigan. Why couldn't he just do that at the start of the video? Kind of a dumb way to reveal your commit after spending two minutes fighting off the undead.

At least Harbaugh didn't edit it. It would have been ole Jimbo holding up Herbert to the camera like Simba when he was born in Lion King. Herbert in a Michigan diaper and all.

VN Store

Back