'17 MS OLB Willie Gay

gay said tennessee now is “really high on my list” among the four sec schools pursuing him, and he “would love” to play for the vols.

“i was very happy,” said gay, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 109 overall prospect and no. 7 outside linebacker in the 247sports composite for the 2017 class. “i’ve been waiting on that one for a while now, and i’ve always talked about getting an offer from tennessee because i really like tennessee. I was excited.

“ever since, like, seventh grade, i’ve been liking tennessee’s football team — just the way they play and everything about them.”

“i really see (tennessee) as more than just a team that i liked that i wanted to offer me,” gay said. “now i see them as a team that i wouldn’t mind playing for. Even though i’m not sure yet, i wouldn’t mind playing with tennessee. I would love to just don that orange and white one day. I really don’t have a certain 1-2-3-4 right now. But they’re really high on my list.”

Reactions: 7 people
Good news. Hopefully his "I wouldn't mind" can turn into "I would LOVE to play for Tennessee."

Really early on this one TP.Gonna be tough to get out of Ms.States back yard.Kid will be facing some huge in state pressure.

Ive been watching some of his game tonight. This kid looks good. His team is playing a spread team, so hes lined up in the nickel almost every play. Hes keeping up with the receivers very well. Hes a good tackler as well. His Rivals page says that he is a Tennessee fan. Hope we get this one.

VN Store

Back