'16 VA WR Phil Patterson

Vandy offered. We are screwed.

big-bang-theory-sarcasm-sign.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like another under rated guy that our coaches have found that can get the job done. I have to think, Butch developed his eye for talent at the lower levels of coaching and knows how to find the real diamonds in the rough unlike Dooley.

i dont think Patterson is a diamond in the rough though. Hes getting alot of offers right now. Its not going to slow down. This kid can play though.

i dont think Patterson is a diamond in the rough though. Hes getting alot of offers right now. Its not going to slow down. This kid can play though.

Yeah you don't even have to watch but a few plays on his Hudl to realize what our staff likes about him. I don't question this staff with recruiting anyway based on the kids they have been on the past few yrs especially at WR. I see Duke is on him hard. Coach Cut knows a thing or two about legit WRs

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah you don't even have to watch but a few plays on his Hudl to realize what our staff likes about him. I don't question this staff with recruiting anyway based on the kids they have been on the past few yrs especially at WR. I see Duke is on him hard. Coach Cut knows a thing or two about legit WRs

exactly. Based on the plays hes making in his tape he looks like one of the more electric receivers we have offered in this cycle to be honest. Kid is really good. His tape is way more impressive than some of these other receivers that are rated ahead of him. Got a feeling that will change.

Last edited:
So, maybe he's a backup plan in case we strike out on the top wrs on the board?

When's the last time we didn't get the top receivers on our board lol? If it's one thing I'm not worried about its this position. We're in it on lots of big name talent and already have two good WR on board.

”I named my top six – Duke, North Carolina, Old Dominion, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest – in no order,” Phillip Patterson said. “But after I named my top six, Tennessee offered and they’re right up there with the other schools.
“I’m going to make my decision on Aug. 1 at my school, so I felt like it was time to cut it down and visit some schools.”

Patterson will actually visit Knoxville Friday.

”I’m excited about the trip and I’ve heard great things,” he said. “I’m looking forward to seeing the campus and facilities.
Scout...
”(Wide receivers) coach (Zach) Azzani is recruiting me and he’s always straight up with me. We talk a lot and are starting to develop a good relationship.”

This kid seems to be slippery and does a good job high pointing the ball. Is the competition he plays bad or has he not camped. He seems like a really good player.

Tall athletic guy that attacks the football.

He is the perfect prospect for Azzani.

He has some good tools and the body type to get bigger, stronger and faster.

I would like to see us sign a more talented prospect at this point though (N. Craig).

He wants to commit soon. If he delays then I would assume that means he wants to come to UT but the coaches want to "recruit" a little more.

Tall athletic guy that attacks the football.

He is the perfect prospect for Azzani.

He has some good tools and the body type to get bigger, stronger and faster.

I would like to see us sign a more talented prospect at this point though (N. Craig).

virtually no chance with craig....maybe 1 or 2 of corley, swain, hardman and davis.

VN Store

Back