Predicting our Final Class Ranking - 2016

85SugarVol

I prefer the tumult of Liberty
Time to bust out my trusty Rivals Calculator and make some projections about where our class might finish.

Note: I use Rivals, because they are the only service that publishes their formula. I cannot calculate, given changes in rank + additions, what our 247 score will do.

THE BASELINE:

This is our class as it stands today. 10 players (no Dorian Banks), plus an additional, very conservative, 10 3Stars (5.7's).

We would finish ~ #22 in the country, based on last years final rankings..

Attachments

• Current Class_16.png
    Current Class_16.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: 3 people
My Miller Lite calculations has us coming in at 10th. That number will likely improve as consumption increases. We should be playing for the NC by midnight.

Reactions: 18 people
This is our class as it stands today, with some highly expected additions, but no "bumps" for any current players -

This assumes additions of:

Nigel Warrior
Landon Dickerson
BJ Emmons
Bryce Matthews
Nigel Knott
JoeJuan Williams
Daniel Bituli

The rest of the slots are treated as 5.7 3Stars

This would put our class at ~ #13 based off last years rankings

Attachments

• Current Class_16_1.png
    Current Class_16_1.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: 6 people
My stretch projection, our current guys with some bumps (all in blue):

JG
Okonya
Pope
T Marshall
C Henderson

Plus 3 Big Time adds (that are at least reasonable):

Mecole Hardman
Kyle Davis
Derrick Brown

Would put us at 2761 points... inside the Top 5 for last year -

Attachments

• Current Class_16_2.png
    Current Class_16_2.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: 4 people
Time to bust out my trusty Rivals Calculator and make some projections about where our class might finish.

Note: I use Rivals, because they are the only service that publishes their formula. I cannot calculate, given changes in rank + additions, what our 247 score will do.

THE BASELINE:

This is our class as it stands today. 10 players (no Dorian Banks), plus an additional, very conservative, 10 3Stars (5.7's).

We would finish ~ #22 in the country, based on last years final rankings..

You know 247 has a calculator for you, right?

See, math can be fun!

Yes, yes it can :)

IF, we take 20 players, I see no reason why we can't finish inside the Top 10 on Rivals (prob somewhere 8-10).

IF, Butch lands a couple of big fish late, we could end up in the 4-7 range.

Note: Butch is a bad ass mofo..

You know 247 has a calculator for you, right?

Yea, but it gets fuzzy once you get higher up in the numbers, can't tell what the logic is doing.

I actually value the 247 Composite more, but the Rivals formula is concrete.

It is what it is :dunno:

Reactions: 1 person
I think with Butch we will always have a legit shot at a top 10 and even this year with the numbers limitations.

I think with Butch we will always have a legit shot at a top 10 and even this year with the numbers limitations.

That's what makes the Rivals ranking easier to project, and fairer imo. They only count the Top 20, so the classes are somewhat equitable.

247 counts every player taken, and you realize diminishing returns (that I can't quantify) after a certain point.

If we sign 18 to 20, about 12th if that happens need to have a top 5 class in 17 to keep the MO JO going.

If we sign 18 to 20, about 12th if that happens need to have a top 5 class in 17 to keep the MO JO going.

With the 2017 in-state talent and the guys we're already going after out-of-state, we may be gunning for the top prize...

Had to catch my breath there.

if we sign 15-18 I believe we fall into the top 15. if we sign 18-20 i believe we are top 10. I really wouldn't mind a 15-18 class this year, assuming we hit the needs, to take a larger 17.

FWIW, using the OP's stretch class with Mecole etc the 247 class calculator has us with 275.05 points, which would have been good for 10th last year.

Pretty simple, sign only 5.8s and above and we end top 4. We've already seen one 3* get dropped. I expect more.

I'm guessing 12 - 18. With a small class that will actually be a good ranking. So long as we have quality players then I'm good. We will want to be in the 3.5 star average range, that is what is important. 2017 class looks to be a monster with us having a shot to land multiple five star commits such as Tee Higgans, DeAngelo Gibbs, and Hunter Johnson.

I'm guessing 12 - 18. With a small class that will actually be a good ranking. So long as we have quality players then I'm good. We will want to be in the 3.5 star average range, that is what is important. 2017 class looks to be a monster with us having a shot to land multiple five star commits such as Tee Higgans, DeAngelo Gibbs, and Hunter Johnson.

No way. CBJ will sign close to 25 at least 20.

No way. CBJ will sign close to 25 at least 20.

I meant that the final ranking will be somewhere between 12th and 18th. I really don't think he can take more than 20 this go around. Really don't want to blue shirt too many the class of 2017 being so highly important to have plenty of room in.

I meant that the final ranking will be somewhere between 12th and 18th. I really don't think he can take more than 20 this go around. Really don't want to blue shirt too many the class of 2017 being so highly important to have plenty of room in.

I think we can get 23-24 because I believe we only gray shirted two players. But I could be wrong.

What part of Norris do you live on? I'm from Claiborne

VN Store

Back