Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 225
40: 4.60
Class: 2017

Justin Foster - 247
Justin Foster - Rivals
Justin Foster - Scout
Justin Foster - HUDL

5 Star OLB and #1 overall player out of North Carolina. Recently visited Knoxville for Orange Carpet Day.

Reported by 247 that Tennessee now leads coming out of the visit.

2017 could be a special year for Tennessee in North Carolina.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Out of Crest High School in western North Carolina.

Same school Brandon Spikes and Jonathan Bullard went to.

Reactions: 1 person
"Tennessee took the lead for four-star linebacker Justin Foster (Shelby, N.C./Crest), as first-reported by 247Sports.com, following a super visit this past weekend."

-Ryan Bartow

Last edited:
LB - Crest had one of the best defenses ever in the state of NC a year ago. They completely dominated virtually everyone including the Havelock offensive juggernaut.

Reactions: 2 people
Who was the LB from that high school (about 10-12 years ago) that was a concensus top Five or so player overall coming out of HS? He went Penn State, but I don't think he had a dominant college career?

So apparently I cannot correct the error in my thread title...

"RB" should read "LB"

Mods?

LB - Crest had one of the best defenses ever in the state of NC a year ago. They completely dominated virtually everyone including the Havelock offensive juggernaut.

Crest is a blueblood program in that state. They always have good athletes. I remember they had been the last team to beat Independence High before their 100 plus game win streak happened.

I would have loved to seen that game between them and Havelock. Havelock is churning out some talent and championships for sure now as well.

Everyone wanted to see that game. And Crest straight beat the bleep out of them. Foster is the real deal. Brown and Joiner in this class - not so much.

Actually beat them 24-3. In going 16-0 Foster and Crest gave up just 83 points all season, only more than one score in a game three times.

"It was amazing," Foster said. "We got to really hang out with the coaches and see what they are all about. I like the environment there. Many schools don't do the activities like they do here and keep everyone involved. It's a great place."

"I think I would be great coming off the edge for them as an outside linebacker," Foster said. "I move well for my size and I think I bring so much to the position. I can cover and I think I can be a great fit."

Foster is recruited by both Mark Elder and Tommy Thigpen. Tennessee's linebackers coach showcases a demeanor that is very similar to Foster. "He's a cool and laid-back guy," Foster said. "He talks to me about everything and just tells me what it's like here."

"Tennessee is one of my top schools," Foster said. "It's them and Clemson at the top and I like coach Jones. He's a laid-back guy too and he just seems like my regular coach. He's there 24-7 around us and I talk to him as much as I can."

-VQ

Reactions: 10 people
Off topic but what's the story on Kengera Daniel? He signed with kentucky even though he had some good offers and great stats.

Good player who will contribute this year. He was a EE, and Stoops really liked what he saw from him.

yeah I think Daniel can be a good player the more he develops. he makes as many plays as the 5 star that signed with UNCheat. Hes better than Olenga as well though Olenga could be a decent player down the road. The i state recruiting of NC is a mystery at times. Daniel would have signed at ncsu in a heartbeat. Unc or duke as well.

Reactions: 1 person
yeah I think Daniel can be a good player the more he develops. he makes as many plays as the 5 star that signed with UNCheat. Hes better than Olenga as well though Olenga could be a decent player down the road. The i state recruiting of NC is a mystery at times. Daniel would have signed at ncsu in a heartbeat. Unc or duke as well.

That state is open house! Clemson, VaTech, Georgia, Florida, FSU, Tennessee all poach North Carolina for talent

VN Store

Back