Jaylon King
Nashville, TN
Ensworth
6-0, 170

Offers: Tennessee, Vandy

Jaylon King - Yahoo! Sports
Jaylon King, Ensworth, Athlete
Jaylon King - Hudl

Rising sophomore athlete Jaylon King of Ensworth High School in Nashville, Tenn., said he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee on Saturday morning. It was the second offer for the 6-foot, 170-pound King, who's expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2018 class. He picked up his first offer from Vanderbilt on May 6.

King landed the offer from the Vols after participating in their camp Thursday as a cornerback.

Reactions: 1 person
Rising sophomore athlete Jaylon King of Ensworth High School in Nashville, Tenn., said he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee on Saturday morning. It was the second offer for the 6-foot, 170-pound King, who's expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2018 class. He picked up his first offer from Vanderbilt on May 6.

King landed the offer from the Vols after participating in their camp Thursday as a cornerback.

Its over.. Vandy offered lol

The main thing for me is being able to stay instate, so my parents can come watch me play every game.

Summary from last line of 247 article.

Can you say, Vol?

** During the 2015 season, Class of 2017 defensive back Rodney Owens and Class of 2018 defensive back Jaylon King anchored Nashville Ensworth’s defensive backfield and on Sunday, the pair showed why they were entrusted with the job. Both players had excellent days, with Owens looking more like a true safety and King showing the versatility to work at corner or safety going forward. Both already have offers and they should continue to roll in as their respective recruiting cycles roll along.

Woody, Rivals 7x7 at TSU

Reactions: 1 person
"The recruiting process has been fun so far," King said. "I have offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Memphis right now. I have interest from Wake Forest, Duke and Northwestern. It's just been a good start."

King is looking forward to talking to new defensive backs coach Charlton Warren and already has a good relationship with head coach Butch Jones. He understands that Tennessee is the home-state school and what it means to wear the T.

"I talk to coach Jones," King said. "They tell me that I'm important to them. They like my game and feel like keeping the best players in the state of Tennessee is important. I think that's an important factor because it gives my family a chance to come see me a lot. I know the fanbase is really good."

"I feel like I need to improve my conditioning to play both ways," King said. "This past year, I played mainly just on offense, but next year they are going to need me on offense, defense and special teams."

"The main thing for next season is finishing out my high school career in style and have a good idea about my future going into the season," King said. "I'm not sure many more offers will play a bigger factor, but you never know. I just want to be able to concentrate on my senior year and be smart about the recruiting process."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Jalon is a NPA kid and a family friend of mine as I attended TSU with his parents, along with his mom and my wife working for Metro schools together. This kid is long and athletic. He has been a dynamic baseball player but is also an exceptional athlete in football. He is also the qb for Ensworth and does a pretty doggone good job for them. Kid has a very bright future and yes he has very good grades and excells in the classroom as well.

Reactions: 7 people
Jalon is a NPA kid and a family friend of mine as I attended TSU with his parents, along with his mom and my wife working for Metro schools together. This kid is long and athletic. He has been a dynamic baseball player but is also an exceptional athlete in football. He is also the qb for Ensworth and does a pretty doggone good job for them. Kid has a very bright future and yes he has very good grades and excells in the classroom as well.

Yeah but does he love UT

I have seen him play and it looks to me he is more of a safety. It didn't seem to me that he had the speed or the hips to play corner. He was a pure athlete as best as I could tell. What's your opinion about position?

You may have addressed this elsewhere, but thoughts on the Warren hire and would you say Martinez no longer on staff is good from a relationship / recruiting standpoint?

King was at NPA event today in Nashville and spoke highly of UT and CCW. Does UT lead for King?

His quote today was 'they are right at the top,' didn't refer to them as flat-out leaders.

-Rob Lewis

Reactions: 4 people
Just watched some of his film. Definitely an exceptional athlete. I'd love him as a WR or RB, and maybe throw him in the wildcat once in a while.

“It's going well right now. I just picked up a couple more offers. Tennessee is one of my top schools right now along with Georgia Tech and Louisville,” King said.

“Tennessee is close to home,” King offered. “Coach (Butch) Jones is building a nice program up there and also they have a new DB's coach in coach (Charlton) Warren, who is known for developing great DB's.

“His main thing is being fundamentally sound. He says if you are out there giving it 100 percent doing the technique then is fine with that, but when you don't play with technique that's when he has a problem with you. He really drills in being fundamentally sound.”

King was on Rocky Top back in February for a Junior Day and he's planning on returning to Knoxville in June for camp. King said he was working on finalizing the rest of his summer schedule, but is in no hurry to make a decision. However, he has an idea what is is looking for in his future football home. “Mainly a winning program and a program that's well known. Also, distance wise not too far but not too close to home. I want my parents to be able to see me play.”

Like many, King watched the NFL draft the last few days and was impressed to hear Tennessee's name called so much. “It shows that they prepare their players for the next level,” King offered.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back