Staff member
CC.JPG

Chase Claypool
6-5, 215
Wide Receiver

Chase Claypool - Yahoo! Sports
Chase Claypool, Abbotsford, Wide Receiver
Chase Claypool - Hudl
Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page
Chase Claypool - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Chase Claypool
Received an offer from The University of Tennessee!! #GoVols #SEC #blessed

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ94Dkn5d5E[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
From Dirk Knudsen, a hs football analyst for the nw region

Chase Claypool was the guy out of Abbotsford, British Colunmbia; a kid who I was first to cover through our affiliation with his trainer and 7 on 7 Coach Eddie Ferg. I’ll cut to the chase at this point. Claypool is bigger and faster and more special then most anyone knows. His film which is embedded below shows an elite athlete with terrific speed. Oregon Duck level speed apparently because they offered him as soon as the word began to spread. The 6’4.5″ and 212 lb wide receiver just landed his 12th offer and that came from Michigan last week. Jim Harbaugh himself flew to Seattle and jumped in a car to drive to BC to find Chase and offer him.

What the 1-1 time evaluating him did for me was eliminate any concern’s I had that there was hype more then the real stuff. He can leap, run, catch, and is intimidating. This young man, who has a 3.6 GPA, can expect schools like Alabama to offer next. He loves Oregon although he did not receive an invite to the Opening Regional on June 14th, 2015 at Oregon. Not to worry; we made that happen in one phone call.

Discussing Chase yesterday with someone from Chicago that called me for an “expert opinion” on him caused me to pause and I had to think when I had seen a kid with this size and talent come out of the NW. I had a hard time; I finally came up with All American Kasen Williams from Skyline. Claypool is 2 plus inches taller and has much longer arms. He does not have a big time QB throwing him the football which Williams had in Jake Heaps and Max Browne.

I don’t think one thing stood out more in the non-padded event then the smoothness and fluidity with which he moved. Chase did not dominate every down. Guys like Isaiah Gilchrist (Bellevue) and Trevon Shelton (Bothell) manned him up and did a great job. The thing is he is so big and has a 6’9″ reach (we think) so when the ball goes up no one is going to out leap or out muscle him. That ball is going to be his if he wants it.

Big time prospect just now starting to blow up

Reactions: 2 people
Abbotsford, B.C. wide receiver Chase Claypool wasn't the only Canadian prospect at the camp on Saturday but he may have been the most impressive looking prospect out there. His recruitment has moved along steadily, taking visits to Rutgers and Notre Dame recently. Claypool seemed surprised by how much he liked his visit to Rutgers. The tradition at Notre Dame really caught his eye. Claypool also visited Michigan a few weeks ago and called it, along with Notre Dame, one of his top visits. Oregon, Washington and Tennessee are also big parts of his recruitment. Tennessee is a newer school for Claypool and he likes how the Volunteers have done well with wide receivers. Look for Claypool to take some official visits early in the season and announce an official short list around the same time

Adam Friedman, Rivals

Reactions: 3 people
Finally, back to the class of 2016, we know the Tennessee basketball staff is looking to Canada for help and the football team has an eye on a prospect as well from north of the border. Chase Claypool from British Columbia has a real interest in Tennessee and has plans to visit Knoxville. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound wideout has been picking up a lot of interest and could be someone to watch with Tennessee.

VQ

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back