'18 GA OG Jamaree Salyer

Clemson, Florida State, and Tennessee all have offered Jamaree Salyer. And all three have been impressed. Salyer is a 6-foot-4, 308 pound sophomore out of Atlanta (Ga.) Pace Academy and he is on track to be one of the top prospects in his class. Scout named him a four star last month after playing one year of high school football.. Salyer has already been on many campuses and spoken to many coaches, so he has a lot to compare, but Clemson, FSU, and Tennessee have really caught his attention early. This list has already been fluid for the 2018 offensive lineman, but one school that has been on there from the very beginning is the Vols of UT

"It's always been a goal of mine to come up and be better than the best," Salyer said. "In some ways you can and some ways you can't, so those ways that I'm not right now, I want to fix those."

That kind of attitude coupled with his powerful strength and athletic movement is what has helped the 6-foot-4, 308-pound Georgia native secure offers from some of the best college programs across the country, including Tennessee. The Vols extended a scholarship offer to Salyer 10 months ago and have continued to keep in touch him intermittently ever since.

"Tennessee has contacted me, but it was back in the early winter," Salyer said. "It was (offensive line) coach (Don) Mahoney. He called my position coach. I was supposed to go down there, but my head coach's brother came in town so I couldn't go."

Mahoney and the rest of the Vols staff are hoping to entice Salyer into visiting Knoxville to continue their pitch in person.

"They were just telling me how much they want me to get down there and just spend time with them," he said. "The coaches want to spend time with me and build a relationship. That's the main thing." Vying for Salyer's talents along with Tennessee are a host of other big-name programs with similar resources and historical pedigrees. The Pace Academy standout also boasts offers from Alabama, Clemson and Florida State, among others, and has seen his recruitment advance in recent weeks.

Reactions: 1 person
Jamaree Salyer ♠️ Retweeted

Preston Robinson ‏@Preston19616671 Jan 2
@jamareesalyer69 You and @smithtrey98 on the o-line and @Channdler_35 and @Guarantano2 in the backfield at Rocky Top would be dominant! GBO
1f34a.png

I believe we all can vote for that above. Salyer & Smith blocking & protecting for our QB's & RB's would be an ideal situation.

We're listed 5th on his list that's ordered but we have about a month so hopefully we can past 4 schools & Salyer can choose us. That would be awesome! :good!:

Agree he's a stud. Looks like a Georgia - Clemson battle, with edge to Georgia right now. His teammate and good friend at Pace; Andrew Thomas; is committed to Georgia this cycle. Believe Pittman has talked to him about playing center.

Agree he's a stud. Looks like a Georgia - Clemson battle, with edge to Georgia right now. His teammate and good friend at Pace; Andrew Thomas; is committed to Georgia this cycle. Believe Pittman has talked to him about playing center.

Thomas is tearing up the competition at the Army AA game. His coach told him that a lot of people will question him since he is at a small school, imagine coach will use the same motivation with Salyer.

Thomas is tearing up the competition at the Army AA game. His coach told him that a lot of people will question him since he is at a small school, imagine coach will use the same motivation with Salyer.

Thomas has surprised everyone at the Army AA Bowl. He has crazy long arms...reportedly the longest ever measured at the event. Thomas and Salyer are pretty tight and I expect that relationship will help Georgia in the end. Plus Salyer really likes Pittman. Never can count out Clemson though, and Trevor Lawrence will be doing his best to get him to Clemson.

Thomas has surprised everyone at the Army AA Bowl. He has crazy long arms...reportedly the longest ever measured at the event. Thomas and Salyer are pretty tight and I expect that relationship will help Georgia in the end. Plus Salyer really likes Pittman. Never can count out Clemson though, and Trevor Lawrence will be doing his best to get him to Clemson.

Him and TL are friends and Clemson has already convinced him to hold off committing till he has taken his OVs, so after the season just like they did with TL. Ga has to win next year.

Him and TL are friends and Clemson has already convinced him to hold off committing till he has taken his OVs, so after the season just like they did with TL. Ga has to win next year.

Sayler's relationship with Thomas > than with TL. If his Pace HS coach has him playing some at center this coming season that may be a tell as to where he's leaning.

Georgia should win nine games this year not including a bowl game. The East should be up for grabs with Florida losing nine starters on defense and Tennessee losing Dobbs, Kamara and some key guys on defense. Georgia returns 10 starters on defense, but the OL will still likely be a work in progress. One interesting note about Georgia is that this will be the first season that Chubb, Sony and the rest of the projected starting offensive players have the same OC two years in a row. Bobo, Schottenheimer, then Chaney the last three years.

I am to the point now of not even wasting my time expecting to pull an elite player from UGA in near future until Kirby loses more games next year. He has GA on lockdown right now

According to Scout we're in his top 10 lists. Actually very close to being in his top 5. 5* player per Scout so we could most certainly use him. About time we get into some of the 5* business. One per class isn't going to cut it.

According to Scout we're in his top 10 lists. Actually very close to being in his top 5. 5* player per Scout so we could most certainly use him. About time we get into some of the 5* business. One per class isn't going to cut it.

Our next class is a bust if we can't snag 10 composite 5*s

Our next class is a bust if we can't snag 10 composite 5*s

Based on the talent TN has started to produce, we should be able to get 2-3 at least each year instate. Of course, that will require us to produce results on the field. Either way, if we can land one or two big out of state guys and the five/four stars our state has started producing, we can have a top 5 or 10 class every year.

I've noticed you posting this in several threads....how are you determining a top 10 and a top 5?

All I see is degree of interest (high,medium, or low).

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back