Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl

That's all you need. So much talent there

Some SEC coaches aren't very happy with those SCs , something to do with poaching recruits. :question:

The SC will be held outside the SEC imo. It's a response to other conferences coming south.

I look for NJ,Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, California to be a focus.

Texas should due to the size of the state.

Great point about NC mentioned above.

I wouldn't go anywhere. I'd want them on campus. More impact than a satillote camp.

If we were to do it then it would be a place far away that potentially could lead to more kids each year like NJ now that you have JG. They seem to like Michigan kids so I could see that being a possibility. I think Cali would be a waste of resources as you may only get 1 a year of that to make that trip. South Florida is possible but not sure if SEC will stay out of fellow conference territory.

I think NJ is the current obvious one that you could really do some work in.

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't go anywhere. I'd want them on campus. More impact than a satillote camp.

If we were to do it then it would be a place far away that potentially could lead to more kids each year like NJ now that you have JG. They seem to like Michigan kids so I could see that being a possibility. I think Cali would be a waste of resources as you may only get 1 a year of that to make that trip. South Florida is possible but not sure if SEC will stay out of fellow conference territory.

I think NJ is the current obvious one that you could really do some work in.

NJ is one I hadn't thought of...and should have!

I think with CBJ's home state being Michigan and ties to CMU that will be a definite site. Cincy due to ties as well. Newark/Trenton NJ or DC, East St. Louis IL area, Indy, Norfolk Va, Charlotte assuming we can not go into other SEC states. Completely different list if we can go south.

Did I miss something? I was under the impression that satellite camps were not allowed due to SEC by laws. Has that been amended?

From reading here and there the SEC coaches sure don't like the idea if these satellite camps. It makes me wonder how long the camps will last in the south seeing how the SEC us against them.

Did I miss something? I was under the impression that satellite camps were not allowed due to SEC by laws. Has that been amended?

This is in response to the SEC's threat to take off the collar if the satellite camps aren't banned by the NCAA. I kinda hope it works out this way...would love to see Butch unleashed camp exposure wise in other states.

I don't know how many prospects the area produces annually, but, given Butch's coaching roots, I could also see the greater Chicago area becoming a target. Give us a better shot at kids who otherwise would naturally gravitate toward Michigan, Notre Dame or Ohio State. Then, as previously noted, do whatever we can to give ourselves a bigger presence in North Carolina and Virginia. Based on population and proximity, Indianapolis would make sense but I don't believe that the state of Indiana is a particularly fertile recruiting ground.

NJ or MD allow New England kids to get a taste og the closest competitive SEC team (obviously UK doesn't count).

Charlotte extends our reach into the Carolinas.

Cincinnati has some good schools and not all of the kids are gonna fit at tOSU.

Memphis is pretty obvious.

I think it might be a waste of resources to go much further than any of those.

Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl
Atl

That's all you need. So much talent there

Agreed. I dont like this whole concept of satellite camps, but if you're going anywhere Atlanta
is the place to be. Its the path of least resistance, Butch has signed 4/4 and then 7 in this year's
class, thats just going to keep expanding.

But bottom line is, I dont think any of us want Saban or Gus or Richt holding a camp in Nashville.

Anywhere in the Hampton Roads area of VA. 757 gives you access to VB, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, etc.

Reactions: 4 people
Somewhere in Ohio (Cincy, Columbus, or Cleveland)

Somewhere in Virginia (Richmond or Norfolk)

Somewhere in the Midwest (Chicago or St. Louis)

Maryland/New Jersey area (Baltimore or Camden, NJ)

Miami, FL

Dallas, TX

Los Angeles, CA

I think some of you are missing the point. The SEC is going to punish the teams who are coming into our territory by going into their back yards. The commissioner will make sure this gets done to make a point. Look for SEC teams to be in the back yards of several northern teams, particularly Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. I doubt that Butch will end up in too many places unless he makes courtesy appearances at a few camps like Harbaugh is doing.

We need to pray they cancel satellite camps cause Nashville would have several SEC teams come. Right now we have it on almost on lock down.

Ya, ATL doesn't make any sense. There's a reason guys like Franklin are running them in our backyard instead of like Philadelphia. It's easy exposure for guys who are far away. Guys in ATL can make a camp in Knoxville. You need to run them in places like Michigan, Dallas, Philadelphia, NJ, or Columbus. The point of the SC is to meet guys that you may otherwise never have a chance to see play or talk to due to distance.

The whole purpose of these is to get to kids who normally wouldnt make the drive to Knoxville.

I would bet on New Jersey, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia/Maryland/DC areas.

Edit: Post above nailed it I just didnt read it all :rock:

VN Store

Back