'16 FL OT Marcus Tatum (UT commit 1/11/16)

Almost positive this is Marlin Lane's former HS. I know Vince Carter went here for sure.

"I watched them some last year," Tatum offered. "They were a really young team. They went through some ups and downs but got better and won their bowl game.

"I really want to come for a game because of the way they talk about it. Seems like a super bowl. They have over 100,000 there for games. I'm talking to my mom about getting up there for a game and maybe getting up there this summer."

"Coaches love my aggressiveness, and my size to athleticism ratio. They love my body type and I can still add weight."

VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Marcus Tatum Though he has visited quite a few times in the past, this trip was an entirely different experience.

"It was really good because I got to see the coaching aspect and how they are with players more than the recruiting aspect," explained Tatum. "I liked that."

While working on the field, Tatum had the opportunity to spend a good deal of one-on-one time with Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers. Tatum came away speaking highly of his experience with the Gators offensive line coach.

"It was good to see him in action. You didn't really see him go all out because there are some kids out there that aren't as advanced as others. He teaches technique and likes it polished. I asked a lot of questions, like about hand placement and bending the elbows and stuff like that."

Tatum and the Florida coaching staff have spoken so often that the the relationship has grown beyond the basic recruiting sales pitch.

"They tell me they want me to come play for them but they are past pitching me stuff. It's just building our relationship and getting to know each other better and just getting more comfortable."

For some time now the 6-foot-6, 254-pounder has had Auburn, Florida and Miami as top three. However, after picking up a multitude of offers this past spring Tatum is starting to expand his list.

"I really like South Carolina and I really like Tennessee because they are coming at me hard. Florida, Auburn and Miami of course are after me hard still, but South Carolina and Tennessee and N.C. State are pushing me hard too."

Tatum hopes to hammer out a new leader-board sometime this summer so that he can make his commitment before the start of school this fall.

"I will probably cut my list down and make an official top list of schools and then make a commitment right before my senior season. I just want to find a place I feel comfortable at and a place that has my degree. I want to study Kinesiology so I will need that at a school."

Going forward Tatum doesn't have any direct plans for other summer visits, but hopes to get to South Carolina, Arkansas, Tennessee, N.C. State and Alabama sometime over the next couple of months."

Reactions: 3 people
Marcus Tatum Though he has visited quite a few times in the past, this trip was an entirely different experience.

"It was really good because I got to see the coaching aspect and how they are with players more than the recruiting aspect," explained Tatum. "I liked that."

While working on the field, Tatum had the opportunity to spend a good deal of one-on-one time with Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers. Tatum came away speaking highly of his experience with the Gators offensive line coach.

"It was good to see him in action. You didn't really see him go all out because there are some kids out there that aren't as advanced as others. He teaches technique and likes it polished. I asked a lot of questions, like about hand placement and bending the elbows and stuff like that."

Tatum and the Florida coaching staff have spoken so often that the the relationship has grown beyond the basic recruiting sales pitch.

"They tell me they want me to come play for them but they are past pitching me stuff. It's just building our relationship and getting to know each other better and just getting more comfortable."

For some time now the 6-foot-6, 254-pounder has had Auburn, Florida and Miami as top three. However, after picking up a multitude of offers this past spring Tatum is starting to expand his list.

"I really like South Carolina and I really like Tennessee because they are coming at me hard. Florida, Auburn and Miami of course are after me hard still, but South Carolina and Tennessee and N.C. State are pushing me hard too."

Tatum hopes to hammer out a new leader-board sometime this summer so that he can make his commitment before the start of school this fall.

"I will probably cut my list down and make an official top list of schools and then make a commitment right before my senior season. I just want to find a place I feel comfortable at and a place that has my degree. I want to study Kinesiology so I will need that at a school."

Going forward Tatum doesn't have any direct plans for other summer visits, but hopes to get to South Carolina, Arkansas, Tennessee, N.C. State and Alabama sometime over the next couple of months."

Swamp Donkey Checklist

3 stars or lower? Check!

Reactions: 2 people
Marcus Tatum, an athletic offensive tackle out of powerhouse Daytona Beach (Fla.) Mainland, just released his top list of schools and Tennessee made the cut. In no order, South Carolina, Auburn, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Miami, NC State and Tennessee made the cut for the 6-foot-6, 265-pound rising senior. Stay tuned.
Scout...

Reactions: 2 people
tennessee: “i really, really, really, really like (offensive line) coach (don) mahoney, and i like the way the coaching staff went about the offer. They made sure that it wasn’t just an offer when everybody else offered. They went through the whole process, made sure (head) coach (butch) jones saw my highlights and all that. That was also nice.”

he said mahoney has told him that tennessee “needs tackles,” but that’s not the only thing about mahoney that has caught tatum's attention.

“(i like) just his humble way of recruiting,” tatum said. “it’s nothing like selling out other schools or throwing other schools under the bus. He’s just boosting up tennessee, just talking about how he can help me and develop me as an offensive lineman — and not only put me in a good job situation, but also, if i really wanted to, he could help me with my technique and try to get me to the nfl.”

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back