Inside a Recruiting Meeting (Not Tennessee, but still cool to watch)

TNHopeful505

Disclaimer: This is not Tennessee, it is a video from Miami. It could have gone in the NCAA forum as well.

BUT....I would imagine that our coaches meetings probably look a lot like this. Pretty interesting to watch their (Miami's) coaches evaluate and talk about prospects.

Just figured you recruiting junkies would enjoy this as I did.

WATCH: Miami offers inside look at recruiting evaluation meeting - CBSSports.com

Reactions: 1 person
Nice video. Also its a testament to how to do business. Disagreeing without getting pissed, making valid points, not cow towing on whag they saw just to get along. Excellent work staff.

I really hope Butch's meetings are more constructive than this...I'm sure they were pandering to the camera, but to argue for 20 minutes over a 4.8 safety? I remember when we had 4.8 safeties chasing fast players (but not catching them) down the field.

If you like this kind of stuff, read Bruce Feldman's book Meat Market.

Behind the scenes look into Ole Miss's recruiting class/strategies in 2006 under Coach O. Pretty interesting to see how they dealt with being one of the worst programs in the SEC at the time and how their disappointing season affected their recruiting results.

Behind the scenes look into Ole Miss's recruiting class/strategies in 2006 under Coach O. Pretty interesting to see how they dealt with being one of the worst programs in the SEC at the time and how their disappointing season affected their recruiting results.

I thought that was a great read.

Sounds like a 50 shades of grey spin off

Ok, I thought camera man may have caught something there by accident since Miami coaches can not say a players name until signed.

Sal Sunseri could make Evan Berry look slow.

Sal couldn't make them look slow... Some of our secondary was already slow. What Sal did was make them look out of position.... a lot. Therefore they looked slow while trying to run down opposing players.:thumbsup:

What I was referring to was how many checks Sunseri had before the snap. Daniel Hood said most alignments had around 15-25 checks that had to be made. When you factor that in with the lack of speed the team had, we were doomed. Often times I remember that season our players were rarely on the TV screen when the opponent caught the ball.

VN Store

Back