New running back?

dyllisvol42

I heard the tail end of the news sentinel sports page on the radio and the mentioned that we might add another running back for the 2015 class. Anyone know anything about this?

Reactions: 1 person
Joseph Young i assume. Under recruited kid from a very small town. Lots of teams tried to sign him late. Tennessee, Virginia and Ohio State were the main ones calling.

Last edited:
We definitely can use a few more able RBs. If he wants to walk on, we could use him as depth for sure. His video looks pretty good, but the level of the competition he's going against is questionable.

Butch and company keeping this one quiet because of other schools possibly jumping in. He's going to be a blue shirt I'm assuming.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch and company keeping this one quiet because of other schools possibly jumping in. He's going to be a blue shirt I'm assuming.

yeh he is. Just like Vincent Perry and Joc Bruce. The team we will have on the field in camp will look nothing like what we had in the Spring. Its basically a new team considering all the guys who missed spring and the new signees/grad transfer.

Some teams def tried to sign this guy late though. From a very small town and prob couldnt make the camp circuit. Not everyone is able to do those things. Last couple under recruited guys we have had turned out really well. Emmanuel was one and he will be a starter this yr. Weatherd had no ranking and basically no big offers when UT offered him. Josh Smith was one of Dooley recruits that nobody thought much of but now he might be the most complete WR we have when healthy.

Reactions: 6 people
We definitely can use a few more able RBs. If he wants to walk on, we could use him as depth for sure. His video looks pretty good, but the level of the competition he's going against is questionable.

Double AA. 4 out of 6 teams in his division posted winning records.

He's blueshirting...so he shows up and gets a scholarship in the Fall...this was all but announced months ago.

Double AA. 4 out of 6 teams in his division posted winning records.

Just because they are AA doesn't mean the district he is apart of is full of top end talent. Heck, my alma mater (DeKalb County HS) played in District 8aa last season, which had two 4a teams, and the rest was 3a. Anyways, the district is always very competitive within its self, and constantly has 4-5 teams with a winning record that makes the playoffs. The point is, those teams don't have high end D1 talent. If District 8aa had a star player being recruited by the likes of TN, FL, Bama, etc., coaches would look at their film and say he played against pretty weak competition. SC isn't like Texas, California, Florida where you're going to find a TON of D1 talent in AA ball or up.

Just because they are AA doesn't mean the district he is apart of is full of top end talent. Heck, my alma mater (DeKalb County HS) played in District 8aa last season, which had two 4a teams, and the rest was 3a. Anyways, the district is always very competitive within its self, and constantly has 4-5 teams with a winning record that makes the playoffs. The point is, those teams don't have high end D1 talent. If District 8aa had a star player being recruited by the likes of TN, FL, Bama, etc., coaches would look at their film and say he played against pretty weak competition. SC isn't like Texas, California, Florida where you're going to find a TON of D1 talent in AA ball or up.

his town has 3 thousand ppl. theres your answer. its a small place. Maybe he couldnt afford to do all the camps. Its pretty clear though that hes a pretty decent player.

Gool 'ol Smithville. Home of the Midnight Express. I'll actually be heading down to Hidden Harbor Marina this weekend. I'm from down the road in McMinnville.

Reactions: 3 people
Gool 'ol Smithville. Home of the Midnight Express. I'll actually be heading down to Hidden Harbor Marina this weekend. I'm from down the road in McMinnville.

The 2 story pole! Lol Midnight Express was some good times

If he pans out and subs in for Hurd or Kamara and does well we can give him the nickname: "Mighty" Joe Young...:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back