'16 NC S Myles Dorn

rote

The Vance defensive back’s most recent visit was to Tennessee.

”The visit was great and they have great facilities,” Dorn said. “The coaches are phenomenal there. They’re cool and they always talk about how well I’d fit into the system. I really liked the up-tempo practice environment.

”I had a chance to sit down and talk with coach (Butch) Jones and that was good. He just talked to me about the system they run and what would happen if I go to school there. I really liked how he was straight forward with me.”

Dorn finished his junior season with 75 receptions for 1,300 yards and 19 touchdowns on offense. Defensively, he had 77 tackles and five interceptions.

Scout

Our staff sure does recruit Charlotte heavily. Butch gets it. The whole coaching staff gets it.

This Dorn kid looks good.

Those Dorne are a crazy lot

But proud.

House-Martell-Wallpaper-8.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
From Mark Pancratz's Twitter account:

Don't be surprised if UT hoops adds Charlotte transfer Torin Dorn! He was Fr of the Yr in CUSA. His brother is a big time FB recruit in NC.

For those who don't know, Pancratz gets good info in regards to UT bball. Dorn's brother playing ball here would definitely give us an advantage. Would also be a good get for the bball team.

Reactions: 2 people

For those who don't know, Pancratz gets good info in regards to UT bball. Dorn's brother playing ball here would definitely give us an advantage. Would also be a good get for the bball team.

Good find.

Torin Dorn?

He's a vol if that happens (and if we want him)

The Charlotte Observer is saying we're blocked from recruiting him. I guess because of the assistant of theirs that ended up here?

"There’s no chance that guards Torin Dorn and Keyshawn Woods return to Charlotte, sources close to both players told the Observer.

Woods and Dorn have received their releases from Charlotte and are beginning the process of looking at other schools.

Dorn, last season’s Conference USA freshman of the year, has been offered a scholarship by Miami. Dorn scored 17 points against the Hurricanes in a game at Halton Arena last season.

As conditions of their releases from Charlotte, Conference USA and Davidson have been blocked from recruiting Woods and Dorn. Tennessee is also blocked from going after Dorn."

Charlotte 49ers still recruiting big men | The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer

The Charlotte Observer is saying we're blocked from recruiting him. I guess because of the assistant of theirs that ended up here?

"There’s no chance that guards Torin Dorn and Keyshawn Woods return to Charlotte, sources close to both players told the Observer.
Woods and Dorn have received their releases from Charlotte and are beginning the process of looking at other schools.

Dorn, last season’s Conference USA freshman of the year, has been offered a scholarship by Miami. Dorn scored 17 points against the Hurricanes in a game at Halton Arena last season.

As conditions of their releases from Charlotte, Conference USA and Davidson have been blocked from recruiting Woods and Dorn. Tennessee is also blocked from going after Dorn."

Charlotte 49ers still recruiting big men | The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer
Different Dorn. You're thinking Torin Dorn the basketball recruit

Different Dorn. You're thinking Torin Dorn the basketball recruit

They are brothers and there is an obvious connection here. I think highspeed was referring to Torin Dorn and was fully aware of that. His situation has become part of the conversation about Myles in this thread.

They are brothers and there is an obvious connection here. I think highspeed was referring to Torin Dorn and was fully aware of that. His situation has become part of the conversation about Myles in this thread.

Gotcha l, didn't read back in the thread. My apologies.

MYLES DORN (6-2, 195) Vance HS, Charlotte, NC

• NOTABLES: The son of former UNC and NFL player, Torin Dorn, Myles is a major college prospect at wide receiver and safety. He's been a Vance varsity player since his freshman year when he was the team's backup quarterback and safety. Dorn claimed a starting safety job as a sophomore, making 77 tackles and intercepting six passes. But as a junior he established himself as an offensive star, too, making 74 catches for 1,274 yards and 18 touchdowns. Dorn continued his strong play on defense as well with 75 tackles and five picks. The performance earned Dorn a spot on the Charlotte Observer's All-Area team.

Sounds like someone I'd want

VN Store

Back