"17 FL WR Daquon Green

Interesting note on a Florida commitment from here in Orlando...

Tampa wide receiver Daquon Green, a Florida commitment, said he wants to take officials this next month to Tennessee, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Michigan and Florida. I'll have an update here in the next few minutes.

We will see if he actually follows through with the visits, but he said he's interested in taking them.

-Fortenberry

Tampa, Fla., wideout Daquon Green has been committed to Florida since July of 2015, but he’s continued to say he wants to see other schools to compare to what the Gators can offer. Green said he hopes to visit Tennessee, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Michigan and Florida this month as he hopes to evaluate everyone against the Gators.

“I’m going to try and see what the difference is between this school and that school and find out which one is better,” Green said Tuesday at the Under Armour All-American Game.

Green said he hasn’t talked to Tennessee coaches recently, but at one time had a relationship with Robert Gillespie and remembers visiting a bowl practice last December when the Vols were in Tampa for the Outback Bowl.

“I’ve always had it in the back of my head, but I haven’t scheduled it yet,” Green said of a visit. “I talked to coach Gillespie a lot and I went to one of their practices when they were down for their bowl game last year. “They’re a strong team and they’re pretty physical and they have a lot of fast players. I like their offense and their scheme.”

“I haven’t really been talking to a lot of other schools, but I want to go around and see places I’ve never been to and see what it’s like. I know it’s going to be a lot different from here in Florida,” Green said. “I just want to compare certain things because I already know Florida is a good academic school so I want to see what’s different and better that other schools have out there.”

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
As of now, he is set to visit next weekend. It could change coming off his UF visit this weekend.

-Stampini

Last edited:
UT is taking all the 3*s so Horseface doesn't know who to recruit.

Reactions: 3 people
Florida only has 15 commitments...wtf are they doing?

Unless Strickland allows Mac to oversign the class max is 22-23 bc LDR and Townsend both went on scholarships. Henderson should commit this weekend at AllStar game so that leaves 5-6 spots open for NSD. Staff feels good about landing Helbert, Slaton, B Stewart,Nick Smith, a DT out of Ga( not Solomon) and James Robinson.

Math actually works to leave room for a plus one or two.

Unless Strickland allows Mac to oversign the class max is 22-23 bc LDR and Townsend both went on scholarships. Henderson should commit this weekend at AllStar game so that leaves 5-6 spots open for NSD. Staff feels good about landing Helbert, Slaton, B Stewart,Nick Smith, a DT out of Ga and James Robinson.

Haven't followed UF recruiting much this year. Do you think y'all end up in the top 15 with those 5-6 added? Note that I have no idea what those guys you named are rated.

Haven't followed UF recruiting much this year. Do you think y'all end up in the top 15 with those 5-6 added? Note that I have no idea what those guys you named are rated.

I played with 247 calculator and adding those guys would be good enough for 11th ranked class if NSD were today. We'll see IF staff can close on all the supposed leans.

Unless Strickland allows Mac to oversign the class max is 22-23 bc LDR and Townsend both went on scholarships. Henderson should commit this weekend at AllStar game so that leaves 5-6 spots open for NSD. Staff feels good about landing Helbert, Slaton, B Stewart,Nick Smith, a DT out of Ga( not Solomon) and James Robinson.

Don't expect to sign the Texas LB ?

I played with 247 calculator and adding those guys would be good enough for 11th ranked class if NSD were today. We'll see IF staff can close on all the supposed leans.

Not related to this thread, but what do you think of McElwain? How about other Gator fans? Serious question.

VN Store

Back