'16 VA OT Josh Ball

Strong offer list. I like the diversification of the offenses of teams that offered. Looks to be a very versitile player.

Was ninth part of middle school or a separate thing altogether?

For districts that have senior high schools that include 10th, 11th, amd 12th grade, most run on the junior high school system vs. the middle school system. Junior high consists of 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. K-6th grade are elementary school students.

My school district was run this way through this school year. Starting next year, 6th graders will move up to middle school (grades 6-8). The 9th graders had already moved up to high school several years ago.

The most recent offer came from Tennessee when offensive line coach Don Mahoney let the massive 6-foot-7, 300-pound tackle know that he would be a Tennessee target moving forward. "I've been talking to him for about a month now and we've been getting to know each other and he came by the school one time to see me work out and then he came back and they offered me," Ball explained.

In the month Mahoney and Ball have been talking, the Stafford Senior High School product likes what he's heard from Butch Jones' long-time offensive line assistant. "He's jacked up about me and he's ready to get me on campus," Ball said. "He's real energetic and I can see he loves his job and he really loves his job. I love seeing that in him and he's just a great coach I can tell."

"I have a pretty close relationship with some of the teams that offered me early like Penn State, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, South Carolina, Maryland, Florida State. I keep in touch with them a lot," Ball said. Despite having strong relationships with schools that have been involved with him for a while he said he's going to give Tennessee a shot and hopes to see what the Vols have to offer this summer on a visit.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
For districts that have senior high schools that include 10th, 11th, amd 12th grade, most run on the junior high school system vs. the middle school system. Junior high consists of 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. K-6th grade are elementary school students.

My school district was run this way through this school year. Starting next year, 6th graders will move up to middle school (grades 6-8). The 9th graders had already moved up to high school several years ago.

This eV.

This young man looks like a prototypical OT. Reel him in...

Last edited:
Feels like a lot of teams are getting a lot of recruits recently.

Thinking the same thing. With a limited class it's very quiet this year.

VN Store

Back