What the difference between 3, 4, and 5 stars?

MrBiggles

I've seen a lot of VN wanting 4 or 5 stars. This may be a weird question. What is the difference, football wise (speed, agility and strength), between 3, 4, and 5 star athletes?

4 and 5 stars have a better chance of making an impact for a team. 2 and 3 stars can still contribute but their expectations are not as high. If a coach thinks a player has the ability to make an impact on their team then that's all that matters regardless of their star ranking.

Reactions: 1 person
I think watching film of a player to see how he will fit into your scheme is more important than how many stars he has. Obviously, there's a lot more than that that goes into to it. IMO, you don't go after a 5 star player just because he's a 5 star. It has to be a good fit.

Reactions: 1 person
I think watching film of a player to see how he will fit into your scheme is more important than how many stars he has. Obviously, there's a lot more than that that goes into to it. IMO, you don't go after a 5 star player just because he's a 5 star. It has to be a good fit.

Yep all about fit. Fulmer got himself caught up in stars late to look good on NSD but then ended up with a lot of same type of players across the board. This was especially true at WR. All our WRs in his last few yes we're the exact same slot sized WR with same strengths and weaknesses

5's are statistically more likely to achieve success at the college level and beyond than 4's

4's more likely than 3's
3's more likely than 2's

That's essentially it.

5 Stars bust sometimes
2 Stars make the NFL sometimes

But over time, across multiple positions and classes, you will have much more success signing 5's & 4's than 3's & 2's

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 2 people
Yea, but that fails to take into account the total numbers.

When a 2 star makes it, it's 1 out of near 1000's
When a 5 star makes it, it's 1 out of ~35

BIG difference

I wish people would understand this

VN Store

Back