Americus, Georgia
Americus Sumter
Ht:6'3"
Wt:290 lbs

Tyler Clark - Yahoo! Sports
Tyler Clark - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Tyler Clark, Americus Sumter County South, Defensive Tackle
Tyler Clark - Hudl

Committed to UGA yesterday but says he will take officials to Bama, LSU, Clemson, Auburn and UT

Reactions: 1 person
Why are you starting a thread about a player that just committed to another school? There is a DT, Shug Frazier, that his crystal ball is 100% TN. He is from the same school as two of our incomings, Picou and Smith. I wonder if he has any grade issues? His offer list is impressive.

He was urged by the coaches at UGA to take all his official visits like most kids are. I think all these kids should since this is a once in a lifetime chance.

He was urged by the coaches at UGA to take all his official visits like most kids are. I think all these kids should since this is a once in a lifetime chance.

That's probably a good idea. Athletes rarely leave the state of Georgia so I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Why are you starting a thread about a player that just committed to another school? There is a DT, Shug Frazier, that his crystal ball is 100% TN. He is from the same school as two of our incomings, Picou and Smith. I wonder if he has any grade issues? His offer list is impressive.

I started the thread because he has an offer and is taking an official visit to UT. Therefore making him a UT target. Yeah, Frazier already has a thread, but what if he decides to head elsewhere or the coaches would rather take this kid over him? Recruiting is very fluid.

Reactions: 2 people

Slow your horses, crystal balls are exactly that. USC and LSU are just as much in the hunt for Shug as UT is. He hasn't even visited UT yet, he's only been to one official which was South Carolina.

Slow your horses, crystal balls are exactly that. USC and LSU are just as much in the hunt for Shug as UT is. He hasn't even visited UT yet, he's only been to one official which was South Carolina.

He can't go on any official visits yet.

Per P Fort

Caught up with Tyler Clark tonight, a 4-star defensive tackle from Americus, Ga., who is committed to Georgia and was at the Tennessee-UGA game this past weekend in Knoxville.

We weren't able to talk for too long so I won't be able to do a full story, but still wanted to pass along a few things.

First, he said he had been interested in Tennessee for some time but had just never been able to make the trip but liked what he experienced in Knoxville.

He said he had a good time getting to know some of the coaches and obviously was impressed with the atmosphere.

As for the future, he didn't know what official visits he was going to take but said Tennessee would be an option for one if he indeed took those.

As for now, I would file him away as a possibility on the defensive line board. As a Georgia kid committed to Georgia, that one would be hard for anyone to flip. But, Tennessee at least has the ball rolling so we'll see if anything comes from it.

Reactions: 3 people
"The defensive tackle out of Americus, Ga., has been committed for some time but look for the Vols to host him on an official visit as early as this weekend."
-Fortenberry

This is a result of today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Per P Fort

Thigpen headed out to Georgia after the event to see a number of guys over the next few days including Jordan Smith, Nigel Warrior, Derrick Brown, Tyler Clark (who we expect to take an official visit this weekend) and others.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back