17 VA DT Breyon Gaddy (UT commit 7/19/16)

JohnMcA60

Breyon Gaddy, B. T. Washington, Defensive Tackle

Breyon Gaddy - Hudl

Breyon Gaddy - Yahoo! Sports

Norfolk, Va (Booker T Washington)
6'4" 321

”I have offers from Florida State, Tennessee, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Towson, Delaware, Marshall, ODU and Norfolk State,” said Breyon Gaddy. “Michigan, Georgia, Miami and Nebraska are also recruiting me.”
His most recent visit was to Virginia for their spring game.

”I liked it a lot and I liked the people there,” said the 6-foot-4, 305-pound Gaddy. “The coaches had a lot of passion and enthusiasm and they really impressed me.
”I talked to (defensive line) coach (Jappy) Oliver the most. We talked about my game and he gave some advice on how I could become a better player.”
As far as upcoming visits, Gaddy has a few in mind.
”I want to get to Florida State, Tennessee and Virginia Tech soon,” he said. “I want to see each school and how they do things when it comes to their football programs.”
Although he clams no favorites, Gaddy admitted one school has impressed him early in the recruiting process.
”Florida State has impressed me,” he said. “They’re the No. 1 team in the country and I just like the program.”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,380
Last edited:
"Get in my BELLY!!!"
3413690_d31cba9e2dd54c1fb8577e1a79735b71.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Visiting and likely camping at UT soon. wants to sit down and talk to Jones. Loves UT tradition of DL and putting them into the NFL

Reactions: 2 people
Stripling must be salivating with all the talent we're bringing in. And I'm kind of glad he's an older coach because he could be a young gun looking to parlay the impending domination of KM, ST, KP, DB, DT, et al into another coaching gig somewhere. But he's loyal to Butch and I know he will take care of him monetarily.

Virginia Beach (Va.) Bishop Sullivan DT Breyon Gaddy told me that Tennessee is one of the schools standing out for him at this time. Joining the Vols are Miami and Clemson as the schools that have impressed him early.
Scout

Reactions: 5 people
Mentioned this kid in the Crosby thread the other day, this would be a very good player to get in on and a very good school to get in on. Only going to get better and better players in the future.

Looks like we could almost have an entire class from Tennessee and Virginia this year.

Is there anyone lurking in this thread that follows VA high school football? My kids are in the Marietta city school system, just outside of Atlanta, in the lower grades. The high school just hired the coach from Oscar Smith in Virginia. I know they are supposed to be a big time power up there and they have a couple of USA Today top 25 finishes. Does anyone know what kind of offense and defense they run? Any info about the coach?

Is there anyone lurking in this thread that follows VA high school football? My kids are in the Marietta city school system, just outside of Atlanta, in the lower grades. The high school just hired the coach from Oscar Smith in Virginia. I know they are supposed to be a big time power up there and they have a couple of USA Today top 25 finishes. Does anyone know what kind of offense and defense they run? Any info about the coach?

There definitely used to be a guy that posted on Va kids threads. He seemed knowledgable, but I haven't seen him post in a while.

Can't remember his username either

If you've done any digging on your own then you've probably already seen stuff like this before but this quote I remember reading when I first heard he was leaving:

Morgan, 46, took a program that was middle-of-the-pack and transformed it into a perennial national power. The Tigers have won 82 consecutive Southeastern District games and at least a share of 12 consecutive district regular-season championships. He also led them to state titles in 2008 and 2011 and two other appearances in the state final.

As for offense and defense, I can't honestly say I've watched them enough to know any real intricacies on scheme or anything but the D is a pretty standard 4-3. Offense is a spread, often lining up similar to UT with the RB lined up next to the QB. However, unlike UT, they use it to throw the ball. A lot. Granted it didn't hurt last year that he had a QB who won the award for the best QB in the state and threw for 3,000 years. And that was during his Jr. year. Overall, supposed to a pretty intense, high energy guy and, as his record shows, he's really good.

There definitely used to be a guy that posted on Va kids threads. He seemed knowledgable, but I haven't seen him post in a while.

There was one guy named like P180isdaman or something along those lines...

I think he was in VA and would talk about players up there. But there was one player he got fixated on and would trash him a lot. That rubbed people the wrong way

If you've done any digging on your own then you've probably already seen stuff like this before but this quote I remember reading when I first heard he was leaving:

As for offense and defense, I can't honestly say I've watched them enough to know any real intricacies on scheme or anything but the D is a pretty standard 4-3. Offense is a spread, often lining up similar to UT with the RB lined up next to the QB. However, unlike UT, they use it to throw the ball. A lot. Granted it didn't hurt last year that he had a QB who won the award for the best QB in the state and threw for 3,000 years. And that was during his Jr. year. Overall, supposed to a pretty intense, high energy guy and, as his record shows, he's really good.

Thanks! I am pretty excited, he is having a introductory gathering next Wednesday. I will take my boys and get them fired up.

Yea, it was some sort of alpha numeric combination like pts15201 or something.

Bet someone could find out combing thru the old Jason Lewis thread.

VN Store

Back