Ht:6'4"
Wt:218 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

Antonneous Clayton - Yahoo! Sports

Antonneous Clayton, Dooly County, Weak-Side Defensive End

Antonneous Clayton - Hudl

Last edited:
Clayton was at the O&W game...

"It's been crazy. But, it's my job to adjust to it and not let it get to my head. I've to go settle down and analyze it and make the best decision for myself," Clayton said. 'But, I'm not going to let it go to my head that all these big SEC schools are offering me."

"Everybody there is really dedicated to the game of football," Clayton said. "When I was up there I could tell that football was really a tradition."

"It was probably then football game. It was hype," Clayton said. "Then, the indoor facility. They have everything I need right there. Literally, everything I need. I didn't have to go anywhere else and that's nice. I got a chance to meet all the players and see where they hang out at."

"I'm definitely coming back," Clayton added with emphasis. "I'm definitely coming back for an official visit. "With so many offers coming in and more likely on the way, Clayton was asked what he wants from a school. He quickly pointed to the Vols as an example. "I mean, what I saw at Tennessee, that's what's important to me," Clayton said. "Because what I saw (Saturday) blew my mind."

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people
I love those quotes and it seems that anyone that comes here has that exact same thing to say.

Our coaches are a amazing, our facilities are amazing, our atmosphere is amazing. our players understand the importance of recruiting... I can just go on and on. This is such an exciting time to be a Vol

Reactions: 2 people
Great offer list. Must be the real deal.

Agree. He must have gotten noticed recently and now everyone is jumping on board. I liked his quote about not letting the hype get the better of him.

After UF offered:

ia Niebuhr:

Antonneous Clayton of Dooly County, Ga. Second-cousin of Auburn DT Montravius Adams.

Kid is wide open right now.

This kid really just started getting offers in the past month or so.

He hasn't been on many visits yet. Did check out Bama last week for the spring game

Random Poster: What do you think of him as a player Keith?

Niebuhr: Good. You know, a little raw. Pretty freaky athletically. Long arms, rangy.

Perfect to be a DE/OLB outside rush guy.

Will need some seasoning.

I'm no coach -- just my general thoughts obviously.

Reactions: 1 person
After UF offered:

ia Niebuhr:

Antonneous Clayton of Dooly County, Ga. Second-cousin of Auburn DT Montravius Adams.

Kid is wide open right now.

This kid really just started getting offers in the past month or so.

He hasn't been on many visits yet. Did check out Bama last week for the spring game

Random Poster: What do you think of him as a player Keith?

Niebuhr: Good. You know, a little raw. Pretty freaky athletically. Long arms, rangy.

Perfect to be a DE/OLB outside rush guy.

Will need some seasoning.

I'm no coach -- just my general thoughts obviously.
That's about as stock an evaluation as you could expect on a 6'4" 218 lb SEC-caliber defensive end prospect. But it does seem applicable here.

Visiting Saturday per Keith Niebuhr.

The 6-foot-4, 218-pound Clayton visited the Vols for the first time in April to attend their spring-ending Orange and White Game after getting a scholarship offer from them just 10 days earlier. He now claims offers from nearly 40 teams, including Auburn, Florida, Oregon, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State and LSU.

Reactions: 4 people
Pass rusher extraordinaire. Last year he racked up 72 tackles, 22 TFL, 16 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries.

In his 1st game this year, Clayton registered 9 tackles, 3 sacks & 10 QB hurries.

Reactions: 3 people
Visiting Saturday per Keith Niebuhr.
The 6-foot-4, 218-pound Clayton visited the Vols for the first time in April to attend their spring-ending Orange and White Game after getting a scholarship offer from them just 10 days earlier. He now claims offers from nearly 40 teams, including Auburn, Florida, Oregon, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State and LSU.

Needs to eat a biscuit IMO.

16287385743_ce49b05f40_o.0.0.jpg

https://rivals.yahoo.com/Tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Antonneous-Clayton-176585

Antonneous Clayton, Dooly County, Weak-Side Defensive End

Antonneous Clayton - Hudl

Football Recruiting - Antonneous Clayton - Player Profiles - ESPN

Scout.com - College Sports, Football Recruiting, NFL, Fantasy Advice & More Front Page

Per Hubbs

It's big for the Vols to get four-star defensive end Tony Clayton back on campus for the first time since the Orange & White Game and while there are some other schools ahead of Tennessee, the Vols have quietly remained a factor here. A good visit could really help them get deep in the mix of things.

Didn't see this thread when I started the other one. May want to merge them.

Per Hubbs

Also, Tennessee helped itself with defensive end Tony Clayton. The No. 42 overall player in the country has told some that the Vols really helped themselves with the visit. But, Auburn, Florida, FSU and Clemson are all very much in the mix as well. But, don't be surprised if the Vols get Clayton back on campus in the future.

Reactions: 5 people
Per Hubbs

Finally, we talked about Tony Clayton in last week's War Room and believe the Vols have made up some ground here recently. In talking to some close to Clayton this week we have been told there's a chance he's back in Knoxville for the Georgia game although plans weren't finalized as of earlier this week.

But, Clayton will likely see the Vols again this weekend as he's expected in The Swamp.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back