247Sports: Best incoming freshman classes by position

My friends, 'ships are won with Elite QB play and a fierce pass rush.

The stars are aligning with Knoxville.

Reactions: 3 people
The only negative I can see in our QB trio is that one of them may eventually transfer due to lack of playing time.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 14 people
The only negative I can see in our QB trio is that one of them may eventually transfer due to lack of playing time.

That is no negative, Ed. That's very very positive. Means someone has taken the reins and not looked back. I'm okay with attrition there because depth IMO at QB is overrated unless the starter goes down. and usually you are going down the drain if you lose your starter. You can't train an adequate backup QB capable of allowing the offense to not skip a beat. Just doesn't happen excluding what OSU did last year... That was unbelievable.

That is no negative, Ed. That's very very positive. Means someone has taken the reins and not looked back. I'm okay with attrition there because depth IMO at QB is overrated unless the starter goes down. and usually you are going down the drain if you lose your starter. You can't train an adequate backup QB capable of allowing the offense to not skip a beat. Just doesn't happen excluding what OSU did last year... That was unbelievable.

After watching the replay of the OW game, it is clear that Dormady is very well schooled and has a rocket for an arm. I hope he gets a lot of mop up duty this year because when he is a junior he will rule the roost. Book it.:thumbsup:

FSU is ahead of us somehow with one-less four star, and Baylor behind with ONE 5 star at number three? *****?

"Well the world needs Ditch Diggers Too!"

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5003-3331199883-dd2a82d7f3.jpg

Hehe, JK! :birgits_giggle:

After watching the replay of the OW game, it is clear that Dormady is very well schooled and has a rocket for an arm. I hope he gets a lot of mop up duty this year because when he is a junior he will rule the roost. Book it.:thumbsup:

Regardless of how well he throws the ball...it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me why we signed a straight pro style QB. It's obvious that any running QB is going to do better in the system butch uses here. Jennings or Jones will be QB once Dobbs is done

Regardless of how well he throws the ball...it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me why we signed a straight pro style QB. It's obvious that any running QB is going to do better in the system butch uses here. Jennings or Jones will be QB once Dobbs is done

He can run. Is plenty fast.

Reactions: 2 people

You apparently missed the 15 yard scramble Dormady took...

You apparently missed the 15 yard scramble Dormady took...

and people must realize that while it works well if the QB is fast and athletic, but his read is there more to keep the defense off balance. If Worley would have kept the ball 4-5 times a game and would finish out our offense would have been tough to stop.

Get your point, but this is regarding the 2015 class. JG is 2016 😊

Yeah. Just sayin he's going to come in with several highly ranked QBs coming out of HS already on the roster. So they're idiots for saying that.

He can run. Is plenty fast.

People are absolutely stuck on this crazy narrative that Dormady is a statue. I've never heard a mistake repeated so often about a player, and had it been so thoroughly refuted each time.

Guarantano is listed as a pro style QB by 247. I guess we should get rid of him. And wasn't Dobbs pro style? I bet he can't run our offense, then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
People are absolutely stuck on this crazy narrative that Dormady is a statue. I've never heard a mistake repeated so often about a player, and had it been so thoroughly refuted each time.

Guarantano is listed as a pro style QB by 247. I guess we should get rid of him. And wasn't Dobbs pro style? I bet he can't run our offense, then.

The posters that keep stating our offense requires a run first QB have absolutely no idea what kind of offense we run. This is not a straight pro-style system, nor is it a true read option offense. It is a hybrid system that has the potential of adding a pure power run piece to the playbook. This system is designed to keep the defensive on their heels guessing the entire game. The QB has to be able to pass well and run well. A "pro-style" QB that can scramble is the best fit.

Check the film, he's got wheels and uses them when needed. IMO, QD backs up Dobbs, Jones redshirts, Jennings gets moved around and ultimately finds his place on D.

VN Store

Back