TE Helm - Duke
DE/DT Hendrix -Pitt (official)
DE/DT Miller - Limestone College in SC
CB Payne - Maryland
QB Peterman - Pitt
QB Ferguson - KS Juco
WR Bowles - UTC
LB King - UTC
RB Paulk - (still on campus last I read)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Where did they all end up?

WR Jenkins - SoCal Juco
DT Sawyers -
RB Scott - ECU
WR Wharton - Cal
TE Helm - Duke
DE/DT Hendrix -Pitt
CB Payne - Maryland
QB Peterman - Pitt
WR Bowles - UTC
LB King - UTC

Had these two stuck around, man they would have had huge springs!
Scott would have been getting a lot of reps. Hendrix te same and would be in line to play DE and DT in certain packages without being worn out.. Shame...

It sucks to lose that type of talent.
Luckily we have Vickers stepping and Kamara being an EE.

Scott would have been getting a lot of reps. Hendrix te same and would be in line to play DE and DT in certain packages without being worn out.. Shame...

Helm too.

And I may be in the minority here, but I wish Peterman had stayed as well. The idea of Dobbs going down and a true freshman being thrown into the fire makes me feel like our program is still in a somewhat fragile state despite all the progress that has been made.

Reactions: 7 people

Scott probably would have had a career ending in grown toe nail

Reactions: 5 people
Helm too.

And I may be in the minority here, but I wish Peterman had stayed as well. The idea of Dobbs going down and a true freshman being thrown into the fire makes me feel like our program is still in a somewhat fragile state despite all the progress that has been made.

Hate to knock Peterman, but I would feel better with one of the freshmen than him. Just because you start a true freshmen at QB doesn't mean your program is struggling. Peyton, Clausen, Ainge, Bray, and Dobbs all did ok as freshmen.

Reactions: 8 people
Helm too.

Understandable. Personally I think a walk on would have done better than Peterman. He lost two games for us.

I see better anticipation from Dormady and Jennings already. Peterman couldn't help us at all. He couldn't run well... he held the ball too long. And his ball security was awful. Turnover machine... Worst QB play I've ever seen at the college level.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so hard on him. He's gone now.

Helm had some talent too. You're right about that.

Where did they all end up?

WR Jenkins - SoCal Juco
DT Sawyers -
RB Scott - ECU
WR Wharton - Cal
TE Helm - Duke
DE/DT Hendrix -Pitt
CB Payne - Maryland
QB Peterman - Pitt
WR Bowles - UTC
LB King - UTC

Hope they all ball out and have monster years. All these guys want is to just get on the field and play ball. It didn't work for them at UT, so I hope it works out for them at their next destination.

Reactions: 8 people

Yep but they are 18-19 years old and know it all.

Those were the two that irked me simply due to their decisions being so shortsighted. Especially Hendrix.

Oh well. You're only as strong as your weakest link and out weakest link is much stronger than it was three years ago.

Wish Scott, Hendrix, and Helm would have worked out their issues and stayed Vols. All three could have had a productive year.

Wharton may have gotten PT after this season. Where is Treyvon Paulk?

The 2 head scratchers for me is Vic Wharton and Dwayne Hendrix. I am not sure exactly what happened there.

Hendrix is still on campus. Everytime I see him I just shake my head. Why would he leave for Pitt? So stupid.

Hate to knock Peterman, but I would feel better with one of the freshmen than him. Just because you start a true freshmen at QB doesn't mean your program is struggling. Peyton, Clausen, Ainge, Bray, and Dobbs all did ok as freshmen.

Peterman proved that he could not do the job, dont know why he went to Pitt, not knocking Peterman i dont think he would start at Tennessee Tect, i wish him the best of luck but he is not a Major College Football QB, hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
Helm too.

Nothing against Peterman personally, but I believe one of the true freshman that is already here could/would do just as good as Peterman showed anyway. JMO

VN Store

Back