'16 JUCO WR Jeff George (UT commit 6/6/15)

TriedAndTrueVOL

UT VOL Connoisseur
4_3544709.JPG

Wide Receiver
Dodge City, KS
Dodge City CC

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 190
Class: 2016(JUCO)

2014 stats: 46 rec/690 yds/4 TD

Tennessee offered April 9.

247: http://247sports.com/Player/Jeff-George-80443
Hudl: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/595510/jeff-george

Per Hubbs:
On the wide receiver front, Tennessee continues to look at junior college prospects and a name that's quickly rising up the board for the Vols is Dodge City receiver Jeff George. The 6-foot-6, 190-pound was offered by Tennessee Thursday night and he's someone who's stock could really blow up this spring when coaches get out on the road. Credit Tennessee's recruiting department for finding George early as the only other team to offer thus far is Arkansas State.

Tennessee will likely take at least one junior college receiver in the class of 2016 and he may be a name to really pay attention to as he's the only junior college receiver with an official offer at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Crazy we are only his second offer. Kid is a future star. Runs great routes, physical, uses his body well to gain leverage(how Croom should do) and good hands. Perfect possession receiver.

Crazy we are only his second offer. Kid is a future star. Runs great routes, physical, uses his body well to gain leverage(how Croom should do) and good hands. Perfect possession receiver.

Yep...his film looks really good. I ran across his hudl a few days ago and was impressed. I'm sure he'll be one who blows up soon.

Such an unfortunate name for a football player. Guess it could be worse if his name was Ryan Leaf.

I know what you are saying but hes also about 40lbs lighter than Croom.

Last edited:
Saw thread title (name) and envisioned 5.2 in the 40! I bet Dooley was in on this kid as a DB in 8th grade, just on name alone.

I knew we would likely go juco for a WR this year. I really wish we could have snuck Camion Patrick in last class or this class.

the redshirt sophomore wide receiver from dodge city (kan.) community college said he picked up his first major-conference offer from tennessee on thursday night during a phone conversation with coach butch jones, and he said he “definitely” has “high interest” in the vols.

“they just like how i move with the ball after i catch it, and they like my height a lot. They just kept saying they were really excited about me and they wanted to offer me,” said george, who later added that he recently was timed at 4.44 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

“(azzanni) told me about how they’re losing three seniors after this upcoming season, and he just told me that he needs me to get on the field as soon as possible. When i get there, no sitting out. He wants me to come in and play.”

“i’m going to keep them in mind, for sure,” george said. “even after all the rest of the schools come — if they come — i’ll remember that they were the first big one. They did their research first. It just shows how much they really wanted me before anybody else.”

Reactions: 18 people

VN Store

Back