'16 TX DT Jordan Elliott

Just committed to Houston. Coog's new coach is making hay, picked up a 5* DT yesterday. Keeping Houston area kids at home.

Houston lands another area blue-chipper

He was a Baylor commit until he got the USC offer and and then reopened his recruitment.

Last edited:
Just committed to Houston. Coog's new coach is making hay, picked up a 5* DT yesterday. Keeping Houston area kids at home.

Houston lands another area blue-chipper

He was a Baylor commit until he got the USC offer and and then reopened his recruitment.

Herman is killing it. wow. If he can coach as good then it's going to be tough for Houston to keep him around. He did a heck of a job with OSU offense last yr.

I think Herman could be the next urban Meyer. Probably learned a thing or two while under him.

It seems like the Urban Meyer coaching tree has been fairly successful. Definitely not the disaster Saban's has been so far.

It seems like the Urban Meyer coaching tree has been fairly successful. Definitely not the disaster Saban's has been so far.

Its called talent if you got Talent you can coach, if you dont have talent you cant coach, if Saban went to Vandy you think he would win with there talent No he would not do as well as JF, any coach would win 10 games at bama with there talent, I KNOW ONE THAT MIGHT NOT WIN 10, he is in the process of shining JERRY JONES SHOES as i typed this.:eek:hmy:

Houston will be beat Vanderbilt this yr. I have no doubt. They have better athletes.

If Vandy beats Houston it'll be an big UPSET. I agree, I highly doubt they will. Hell, Vandy lost by 30 to Temple, barely beat Umass by 3 and ODU by 1. They really should been 1-11, if Umass QB wasn't so slaw.

Its called talent if you got Talent you can coach, if you dont have talent you cant coach, if Saban went to Vandy you think he would win with there talent No he would not do as well as JF, any coach would win 10 games at bama with there talent, I KNOW ONE THAT MIGHT NOT WIN 10, he is in the process of shining JERRY JONES SHOES as i typed this.:eek:hmy:

That's not always true. Oregon has consistently been Top 5-10 the last decade or close to it and has played for a few NC during that time. They definitely are a team u see highly rated in the recruiting rankings.Same for TCU,Baylor and even Boise. Not that they are doing that in the SEC but the Pac12 has faired well against the SEC overall we saw what TCU did to Ole Miss. Even Mizzou has won the East the last few yrs and they are rarely even top 20. Really good coaching can help offset lesser talent. Jmo

Last edited:
If Vandy beats Houston it'll be an big UPSET. I agree, I highly doubt they will. Hell, Vandy lost by 30 to Temple, barely beat Umass by 3 and ODU by 1. They really should been 1-11, if Umass QB wasn't so slaw.

It was actually Charleston Southern that they only beat by one. CSU would have won if they kicked field goals but they must have an awful kicker because they would go for it on fourth down every time they were in the red zone. Somehow vandy beat ODU by 14

Houston has good athletes, a dynamic qb and a solid defense that is always near the top in the country in takeaways. They always have transfers from bigger schools. The game is at houston and its sandwiched btw two SEC games for Vandy. Vandy will lose that game. Oh yeh, Houston has Tom Herman as HC and they have Utah States DC Todd Orlando. That guy always fields a good defense. Vandy has zero team speed. I see no reason why Houston wont be able to win. IF Vandy is favored it will only be by a point or so and thats a big IF. Same with WKU.

I know Herman has started recruiting well but you can find good ballplayers at every school in Texas. Houston has a good team as it stands right now. They just sign 2 and low-mid 3 star texas kids ( which works well). They get some transfers and they recruit speed. Its easy to find talent in Houston. They will be just fine against Vandy.

Last edited:
Houston will get 9-10 wins this year and Herman will only be at Houston for 2 years and then a big school will come knocking.

I hope Mason has more dental work

Yes, Muschamp was a horrible recruiter and had no talent. That was their problem.

Meanwhile Dan Mullen is reeling in top 5 classes yearly.

Sabah wouldn't do as well as Franklin? Bwhahaha

Houston will get 9-10 wins this year and Herman will only be at Houston for 2 years and then a big school will come knocking.

Big schools will probably come knocking but Houston and Hermna's agent worked out a fat buyout in his contract, so I kind of expect him to be there for 3 year before any of the big schools make him an offer he can't refuse.

VN Store

Back