So hows 2016 recruiting looking.

dyllisvol42

Guys Its a travesty, I started a new job and haven't been able to keep up with recruiting at all. Instead of searching through all the threads, and since I'm short on time would my volnation brethren help me. I just want to know who is really high on us and what are some strong possibilities. Thanks guys. Go Vols and God bless Merica!!!

Reactions: 4 people
We will have another incredible class! Just watch and you will see. IMO we will still find a way to sign 25 and I believe this class, potentially, could end up having more top 250 players than either of the 2 recruiting classes. Chillax people, enjoy the ride! We bout to get this recruiting party started! Probably with a Guarantano commitment!

Reactions: 1 person
With only 5 commitments at this point(didn't include Middleton), it looks on the surface to be slow, especially compared to the last 2 years. However, that is a bit deceptive. With the class being smaller this year (22-25), CBJ is being very selective in who he is recruiting. Junior days attendance has been excellent despite the weather. All signs point to a very, very good and talented 2016 class. We are in with a lot of very good players at all positions. I expect a couple of commitments at the O&W game with the bulk coming in the fall. While it's slow right now, I don't see that as a negative at this point.

Reactions: 6 people
With only 5 commitments at this point(didn't include Middleton), it looks on the surface to be slow, especially compared to the last 2 years. However, that is a bit deceptive. With the class being smaller this year (22-25), CBJ is being very selective in who he is recruiting. Junior days attendance has been excellent despite the weather. All signs point to a very, very good and talented 2016 class. We are in with a lot of very good players at all positions. I expect a couple of commitments at the O&W game with the bulk coming in the fall. While it's slow right now, I don't see that as a negative at this point.

Not saying it's a bad thing it just makes the offseason even more boring. I need football.

Butch Stones still running the SEC. Ain't worried bout nothin'.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: 24 people

Great analysis. It would be nice to let recruiting normalize just a little, and I think Butch's long term plan is to sign classes with 22-28 depending on attrition levels, and to be very selective. This appears to be the first year we're able to do that.

Signing 32 is fun to watch, but 22-25 studs, all filling specific needs and goals, is what we need this year.

Reactions: 3 people
I kind of though our class might be a little smaller this year. How are things looking with the qb from jersey.

OV mentioned in the Hardeman thread that several potential commitments were told to wait at the last junior day. The coaches are going to be very choosey with who they take and when this year.

OV mentioned in the Hardeman thread that several potential commitments were told to wait at the last junior day. The coaches are going to be very choosey with who they take and when this year.

I was thinking the same thing. The commitments will come as the final class begins to take shape.

Although I'd be sorely disappointed if we had a mediocre recruiting year in 2016, I don't see that happening. A guy who can take a 5 and 7 team and sell it to top notch recruits as he has been doing, won't have a minutes trouble selling a more successful team that's proven to be on the rise. We may win a few and lose a few, but we'll still pull in a top 10 class in 2016 IMO.

Think the jury is still out on how well he can X and O but he knows how to recruit. Georgia looks like they're in on every high school player in the country strangely enough. The red team will get their share. We're anxious for more big recruiting news but butch is stealthy and knows how and when to release that information.

I thought it was just me. The board has seemed kinda dry lately.

Been on a board vacation as of late.....I stop by to check it out...then POOF.....right back out I go....

681581.gif

I'm optimistic about this class. They will be more selective in 2016. Coaches sent out dozens of offers over the last few weeks, so our big board is really starting to shape up. I think Gurantano is a Vol (...soon) and will big a big contributor on the recruiting trail. I also think Mecole Hardman & Nigel Warrior will likewise be Vols and they, too, make a huge impression on this class, particularly recruiting in the state of Georgia like that guy (Hodor) indicated in the Hardman thread. I think it's been a done deal for a while with those 2. Butch has done a phenomenal job recruiting them.

Meanwhile, 2017 could be Butch's best year to date in terms of the talent. That QB Hunter Johnson looks like the real deal to me. He would be the centerpiece in a stacked class like Kahlil was in our '15 class. I know it's still a long way off but 2017 really has me excited. Our future looks very bright IMO!

Reactions: 2 people
Recruiting is going much slower, as expected. I think this class will be less top heavy, but it should be better all around. My guess is that we end up with a top 8 class in the end. If we manage to pull a surprise five star guy like Levonta Taylor or Dexter Lawrence, then this could push the class into top 5 range. We are in on some of the top guys at their respective position and that's really all that you can ask for. With 2016 being a smaller class, we should focus more on filling our positions of need with impactful players and less on team rankings.

Wait, are we really saying recruiting this year is going "slow"?

In the 2014 class, up to March 19 we had 6 commits.
In the 2015 class, up to March 19 we had 6 commits (Stephen Griffin committed on March 20, 2014 so I counted him as the 6th commit)
In the 2016 class, up to March 19 we have 5 commits.

So, there is nothing to worry about. At all. This is completely normal to be around 5-6 commits around this time of year under Butch because you all have seen how he closes recruiting classes :rock:.

Reactions: 4 people

So, Alexa is going to play football? I knew she was versatile.

Crootin is always awesome with Butch Stones around... I hear he's in on an awesome RB from Arizona named White Llama.

VN Store

Back