Get this guy an offer

For the doubters just skip right to 30 second mark. lol its worth a watch.

Wow! His speed just left the other players so far behind. Plus he straight trucked some fools. Wow!

Physically looks very gifted. Obviously a project. Hopefully can get experience on the football field.

I guess I'll be the guy who points out that he's not exactly playing against stellar athletes there. But he does look impressive. I think a lot of guys on our roster right now would look pretty good against that competition.

Reactions: 3 people
I guess I'll be the guy who points out that he's not exactly playing against stellar athletes there. But he does look impressive. I think a lot of guys on our roster right now would look pretty good against that competition.

Hes only 15 though and hes the size of someone that could be on our roster. Competition can't be any worse than the single A highschool level here.

Reactions: 1 person
I also have to say that I got a chuckle out of the commentary at the :30 mark of the video, when the announcer tries to give credit for the score to the guy who pitched him the ball. Going back to the beginning of the play, I'm pretty sure he could have just thrown the ball to him immediately and the only difference would have been the score would have happened about 5 seconds sooner.

Hes only 15 though and hes the size of someone that could be on our roster. Competition can't be any worse than the single A highschool level here.

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong. You can't watch that video and not be impressed. It would be a great story if he came to the States to play cfb.

Reactions: 2 people
The best player in Australian rugby player signed a 3 year $100000 guaranteed contract with the niners. So basically their best player is equal to a sixth round round pick in the draft.

One of the bright future stars of African rugby was trying to become a lb with the Colts. He spent a year on the practice squad trying to learn the game. Finally played two preseason games recording two tackles, then got injured.

The talent disparity and difference in the way the game is played is greater than many people realize.

He would have received a 15 yard "unsportsman" penalty in the SEC if he played for Tennessee after each of his scores. It would be part of the anti-Tennessee policy by SEC officials.

League minimum is 435k per year. So a 3 year contract with 49ers would be worth more like 1.3 million not 100k
Edit. Ahhh just googled he signed a futures contract which is just the 90 man off season roster, which gets cut to 53 for the season. So he would get 100k for off season and 435k for roster totaling 535k which I would take allllll day....

Last edited:
you mean the guy wearing the ORANGE shoes. LOL
I must admit, he actually looks like a football runner more than rugby. that kid is tough, would make an excellent running back.

Um, he's playing against white preppy boys. That wouldn't be happening here. He's basically playing 1a or 2a high school talent

League minimum is 435k per year. So a 3 year contract with 49ers would be worth more like 1.3 million not 100k
Edit. Ahhh just googled he signed a futures contract which is just the 90 man off season roster, which gets cut to 53 for the season. So he would get 100k for off season and 435k for roster totaling 535k which I would take allllll day....

So would I but I was using the contract numbers to show as a guide for what the nfl thought of his talent. A good rb from a power 5 team is gonna be a 3rd-5th round pick. So the niners basically thought one of the best rugby players in the game might be equal to a 6th round player.

The success rate is higher for players going from the NFL to rugby then the other way around. Rugby is a tough sport but football requires more skill

So would I but I was using the contract numbers to show as a guide for what the nfl thought of his talent. A good rb from a power 5 team is gonna be a 3rd-5th round pick. So the niners basically thought one of the best rugby players in the game might be equal to a 6th round player.

The success rate is higher for players going from the NFL to rugby then the other way around. Rugby is a tough sport but football requires more skill

I know this is from a while ago but yeah that's from Rugby to NFL. That's the best of the best. I assume the transition to collegiate football would be easier...id say though that most would be projects.

LMFAO

Every player on a rugby team has to understand how to pass, kick and advance the ball strategically, has to have the conditioning to play two 40 minute halves with almost no stoppage of play or substitutions. All the while sprinting, tackling and scrumming and to do it well on the professional level takes an athlete with an impressive I.Q.. Hell, there are guys playing in the NFL that couldn't pass a 6th grade English class and the ones that can couldn't run 5 plays in a row without a 45 second break much less a 40 minute half. An average RB from the NFL would never see the field for a European League rugby squad for two reasons. The game changing mistakes they'd make by not having the experience needed that only years of play could provide and the lack of conditioning that would make a Navy Seal ring the bell during Hell week. Football gives you a playbook. They draw you pictures on what to do every play. LoL It's obvious that to switch sports will be hard to impossible either way on the professional level but there isn't a handful of NFL players that could match up with the combination of physical athleticism, intelligence and mental stamina that the elite rugby player has to possess.
Not even close.
This kid could learn to play football in a year.

Reactions: 1 person
LMFAO

Every player on a rugby team has to understand how to pass, kick and advance the ball strategically, has to have the conditioning to play two 40 minute halves with almost no stoppage of play or substitutions. All the while sprinting, tackling and scrumming and to do it well on the professional level takes an athlete with an impressive I.Q.. Hell, there are guys playing in the NFL that couldn't pass a 6th grade English class and the ones that can couldn't run 5 plays in a row without a 45 second break much less a 40 minute half. An average RB from the NFL would never see the field for a European League rugby squad for two reasons. The game changing mistakes they'd make by not having the experience needed that only years of play could provide and the lack of conditioning that would make a Navy Seal ring the bell during Hell week. Football gives you a playbook. They draw you pictures on what to do every play. LoL It's obvious that to switch sports will be hard to impossible either way on the professional level but there isn't a handful of NFL players that could match up with the combination of physical athleticism, intelligence and mental stamina that the elite rugby player has to possess.
Not even close.
This kid could learn to play football in a year.

This is pretty funny.

VN Store

Back