Butch conisders Atlanta "home territory"

Fingers

Thought this was an interesting quote from Jones.

How important is Atlanta, and what would you say are the top five most important recruiting areas for Butch Jones at this point?

“We’re excited about all our Atlanta kids and our Georgia kids,” Jones said. “You know, a number of them have a common thread: Not only are they great high school football players, but they are great individuals. They are kids of character. They have great families as well.

“We consider the Atlanta area and Georgia as home territory when you look at the proximity. We have tremendous inroads there, and we’ve built relationships with the high school coaches there. So that’s obviously a big area of emphasis for us in our recruiting efforts with rebuilding Tennessee football.”

Tennessee’s big haul of Georgia football talent | College recruiting blog

Reactions: 26 people
More than just a football recruiting home ground, and someone who lives in Atlanta can verify this, I think the largest alumni association group outside of Tennessee is Atlanta. It is sizeable.

Reactions: 4 people
Rocky Top, ATL!! Yes BUTCH!! Athens, shall be declared Knoxville East, while Columbia, SC shall be renamed Easterly Knox Vegas
img-2181914-3-3206465-burn-meme-104572258991.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If Georgia could control Atlanta they would rule SEC football and basketball but they can't do either. I sure hope Nashville's not headed that way! I believe there's a lot more state pride in Tennessee than there is in Georgia. After all, Georgia has made two or three attempts in the last 50 years to try and get part of Tennessee, they want to be us so bad!

Reactions: 3 people
We own the state of Georgia.

We need to beat them on a consistent basis first.

I know that's a dick statement but it's true. That said I think we will be there this year, Richt has had a significant talent advantage until this year and he still manages to just squeak by. When that happens, Butch will truly own the state of Georgia in recruiting.

I think it was the great baseball player Dizzy Dean who once said "it ain't bragging if you can back it up."

VN Store

Back