'17 CA RB Najee Harris

I watched a lot of his stuff and a couple things came to mind:
1. He has fantastic jump cuts this combined with his excellent vision make him very elusive for a large man.
2. Despite having well above average size for a RB, he is not physicak at all. Whenever someone is in front of him he only tries a jump cut which gets him brought down from behind. Sometimes you have to just run through people.
3. Not very speedy, he never truly broke away from defenders on a run. Probably below average speed for a D1 back.
4. Not sure the validity of this, but someone stated this kid has been held back twice already. If true that's not encouraging info.

Overall I'm rather on the fence about this kid. I think if we took him as an OLB he might be pretty good but he would have to learn some physicality. There are other RBs we are in on in the 2017 class that I believe are much better than this kid.

The RB recruiting for the '17 class starts and ends with the 2 kids instate....

Cordarrian Richardson
Ty Chandler

“I’d say right now, Alabama, Tennessee and UCLA are probably recruiting me the hardest,” said Harris.

“I’m going out to Tennessee for I think their Spring Game but to check them out,” said Harris.

Scout

Reactions: 1 person
wait... we have a legit chance? I figured this was just one of those high ranked kids from the west that we offer and never hear anything from.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like he's giving us a fair shake. It probably helps that we've got a 6'3" 225 lb running back on our roster who has proven himself effective in our offense. Really solid selling point for Butch & Co.

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt a highschool recruit from memphis would be the one with the inside source here.

Is Harris still enrolled at Alabama? It shows he was an EE in jan of 2017. I wonder if he could have his degree by the end ofthis semester to transfer and not have to sit out if he decides to go somewhere.

Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs both just graduated/declared. This guy is the leader in the clubhouse for their starting tailback?

VN Store

Back