Matt Hegarty OL transfer from ND - Maybe Vols?

SolidRockGolf

Link below

Matt Hegarty to transfer from Notre Dame Fighting Irish - ESPN

Could we have room? Just a thought for a 1 year guy as our younger group develops. I know he wants more playing time and we could offer it.

Yes I know there is room issues as well but it never hurts to hope and ask. It could help make 2015 even better.

as always, I looked to see if this was already posted but I didn't see anything.

Last edited:
Kid was ranked pretty high coming out of HS. Top 100 player. I would entertain the thought. Not sure if we have room though... as far as scholarship #s go.

Kid was ranked pretty high coming out of HS. Top 100 player. I would entertain the thought. Not sure if we have room though... as far as scholarship #s go.

He started 11 games last yr didnt he? ND plays a brutal schedule every year. So its not like he was playing against cupcakes.

Reactions: 4 people
Dude had a stroke a couple years ago. Man that is young. Hope all things go well for him with that. It is awesome he is still able to play after something like that.

He started 11 games last yr didnt he? ND plays a brutal schedule every year. So its not like he was playing against cupcakes.

ND 2014 Football Schedule

Rice
Michigan
Purdue
Syracuse
Stanford
UNC
@ FSU
Navy
@ ASU
Northwestern
Louisville
@ USCw

There are some good teams on that list but only three away games. I would classify that as brutal.

Reactions: 2 people
ND 2014 Football Schedule

Rice
Michigan
Purdue
Syracuse
Stanford
UNC
@ FSU
Navy
@ ASU
Northwestern
Louisville
@ USCw

There are some good teams on that list but only three away games. I would classify that as brutal.

stanford, fsu, asu, louisville and USC would have all probably beaten us pretty easily. Also played LSU in the bowl game who they beat. UT would not have beaten LSU either. They play good teams consistently.

stanford, fsu, asu, louisville and USC would have all probably beaten us pretty easily. Also played LSU in the bowl game who they beat. UT would not have beaten LSU either. They play good teams consistently.

We would have won 7-8 games with that schedule. May not be cupcakes but easier than ours.

Reactions: 3 people

Good yes but their schedule is never a gauntlet. I'm not saying we would have been undefeated wit their schedule but it wasn't as tough as all that.

Reactions: 3 people

Oh, LSU went down as season progressed, and we rose. They had zilch for quarterbacking. They would not have wanted to play us at end of season.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back