'17 GA OLB Breon Dixon

"Breon Dixon of Suwanee, Ga., picked up an offer today. He's a linebacker and I really like this guy. He's very quick and can make plays sideline to sideline."

"I don't know how long he is but I'll see him this spring so I'll see if height is an issue or anything. But, from the tape, he's a fun player to watch. He's also teammates with DeAngelo Gibbs, nephew of Dale Carter and one of Tennessee's top targets already in 2017. He will in all likelihood be a future 5-star."

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
"I think any SEC offer is really big but I like Tennessee and I was really waiting on that one," Dixon said. "I like their school and the program and the coaching staff. I really like them so it was a big offer."

"When we went down there I liked the fan support they had in the whole town. The coaches are cool and the facilities are awesome and so is the stadium. It's just a great environment to be in," Dixon explained. "It's somewhere I think I could go in and play because they play a lot of athletes quickly and if you're good enough to play you're going to play as a freshman. I like that."

"Coach Jones just has a great spirit," Dixon said. "He's an honest guy and he tells the truth and he lets you know he's not going to play any games with you. He's a real cool coach and he's going to joke around with you but when he's on the field he's serious. He's exciting, he's into the game, he's high energy. It's good to be around."

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people
Dixon was in Knoxville again last weekend.

"It's really big and that's why I came up here this weekend. It's a perfect time to get up there," Dixon said. "I just wanted to go and talk to the coaches and see what the scheme was and see how the coaches see me fitting into playing in their scheme."

"I just like the coaching staff and the people here," Dixon said. "I like the town that it's in because it makes you feel like you're home because they accept you and it's just a good place to be. I just like it up here."

Georgia Tech made offer No. 10 for Dixon last week and as Dixon becomes a major prospect in the Southeast he said he plans to take his time and enjoy the recruiting process. "It's fun, but then again you've got to just take your time and not let it get to your head. You just have to stay focused and work more and know you have to get better," Dixon said.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Dixon stopped short of calling Tennessee his early leader, but he made it clear that the Vols are standing out to him.

“They’re up there. I like them a lot,” said Dixon, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Georgia in the 2017 class. “They’re in the SEC. They’re a good school, good education school, and it’s not too far from home, so I like it.

“They’re at the top. … I’ve got a pretty good group (of early contenders), but they’re at the top of it.”

He said Tennessee made a good first impression on him during his visit for its home finale last season.

“It was crazy, loud. The fans were going crazy. It was a good game,” Dixon said, referring to the Vols’ 29-21 loss to Missouri. “They ended up losing, but it was a good game.”

-Callahan

Reactions: 4 people
“They up there,” Dixon told InsideTennessee. “They at the top, they at the top. I don’t know. I’ve got a pretty good group, but they at the top of it.
“I’m just taking it slow right now. It’s not no big differences right now, but I do like it up (at Tennessee). So they’re up there.”

Mom knows Tony McDaniel

“They’ve been cool for awhile,” Dixon said.
“(McDaniel)’s always been talking to her, like in her ear, ‘He’s got to Tennessee if he gets offered by them.’ Then, once I got offered, ‘Oh, he’s got to go there! It’s the best school in the nation.’ She’s real big on it, so she wanted to get up here and see it.”

Danny Parker

Reactions: 4 people
His 2nd visit already. Visited 2 weeks ago. Fort thinks he's a future 5 star prospect.

Man this '17 class has so much potential. Unreal

"It's calmed down a little bit. I'm just kind of going with it and I'm not pushing anything," Dixon said. "I'm not going out and traveling a lot because spring (evaluation period) is coming up and we're going to have college coaches coming in from everywhere for spring."

One school that he has visited several times and is very familiar with is Tennessee and right now, he sees the Vols as the team sticking out more than most.

"Right now, they're standing apart from a lot of the other schools, but I'm just keeping an open mind," Dixon said.

Why? Dixon explained how he sees himself as a great fit in John Jancek's defense.

"They just stay constant. I talk to the coaches and I like the coaching staff and they show me how I can fit in and how I would fit in the program and how I would play there," Dixon said. "They run the same type of defense our high school runs so if I come in I would know plays off the bat and it would be an easy transition. That's what I like about them."

Dixon added he expects to be in attendance at the Orange & White Game on April 25.
-VQ.

Reactions: 2 people
"Breon Dixon of Suwanee, Ga., picked up an offer today. He's a linebacker and I really like this guy. He's very quick and can make plays sideline to sideline."

"I don't know how long he is but I'll see him this spring so I'll see if height is an issue or anything. But, from the tape, he's a fun player to watch. He's also teammates with DeAngelo Gibbs, nephew of Dale Carter and one of Tennessee's top targets already in 2017. He will in all likelihood be a future 5-star."

-Fortenberry

His 2nd visit already. Visited 2 weeks ago. Fort thinks he's a future 5 star prospect.

Man this '17 class has so much potential. Unreal

Is the "HE" Dixon or Gibbs? Both?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back