KokoBVol

Love that Danhausen
4_3446932.jpg

Johnny Huntley

Wide Receiver
Fort Lauderdale, FL (South Plantation)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 180 |

Johnny Huntley

https://rivals.yahoo.com/florida/football/recruiting/player-Johnny-Huntley-168823

Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page

Johnny Huntley - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Johnny Huntley - Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited:
Would be cool if it was available.

Because his name slightly resembles Justin Hunter? I can see it a little but since Astro Dobbs has #11 on lockdown he could wear #22.

South Plantation (Fla.) Wide receiver Johnny Huntley plans to visit Tennessee sometime next month and says that the Volunteers have piqued his interest because of the program's need for wide receivers. Huntley stops short of naming a frontrunner but says TCU, Tennessee and Clemson are the schools that have him most excited about possible campus visits.
-Rob Cassidy.

Reactions: 4 people
"Next month, I'm going to visit Tennessee," Huntley said. "I don't know what exact date, but it's going to be sometime next month.
"That's a really big offer because they have a huge fan base and they're losing a lot of receivers, so I have a chance to come in as a true freshman and help the team out."

Huntley, who plans on making his college decision "towards the end" of his senior campaign, says a pair of out-of-state programs have the slight edge in his recruitment early on.
"West Virginia and TCU (are my top two)," Huntley said.

Scout

There's been chatter surrounding three-star wide receiver Johnny Huntley and if he could commit to Tennessee in the near future. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound rising senior out of South Plantation (Fla.) previously told me that West Virginia and TCU were the teams to beat, but says Tennessee is currently the leader.

I asked if he's planning on making a pledge to the Vols in the near future:

"Probably on my visit. I'm not sure if I want to commit just yet, but they're my top team though."

I asked when he plans on making it up to Knoxville for a visit:

"My coach is setting everything up now, but it will be in mid-June though.

-Corey Bender, Scout

Reactions: 6 people
He said he likes what he has heard about Tennessee’s program from wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni over the past few months.

“He’s basically telling me they need some help at the wide receiver position because they are losing a lot of guys, and I have a chance to come in and play early for him,” Huntley told Stampini following his team’s scrimmage Friday night at Florida International University.

That’s why Huntley isn’t ruling out that he could be ready to commit to the Vols once he makes his first trip to Knoxville.

“Everybody is telling me that would be a good fit for me, and I feel same way,” he said.

Huntley said coaches from Ohio State, Florida, Cincinnati, Louisville, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois and Purdue recently have stopped at his school.

The in-state Gators still are evaluating Huntley, and he said an offer from them “would put them number two behind Tennessee.”

“The (Florida) wide receivers coach (Kerry Dixon) told me they are early in the process, and he’s probably going to be down next week to see me,” Huntley said. “The only reason he hasn’t offered me yet is because he hasn’t seen me in person.”

Reactions: 3 people
Really hope we get this guy...great frame and tremendous upside.

VN Store

Back