Fulmer for Life
TJ-CARTER-151123-PRO.JPG

Cornerback
Hendersonville, TN (Hendersonville)
Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 175

Hudl

Rivals

Last edited:
Wonder what the coaches see in this kid's future (Position wise). The video was almost all of him at RB where he showed good elusiveness, but appeared to not have a great deal of speed. The few defensive highlights he did have was nothing outstanding other than that first hit

Wonder what the coaches see in this kid's future (Position wise). The video was almost all of him at RB where he showed good elusiveness, but appeared to not have a great deal of speed. The few defensive highlights he did have was nothing outstanding other than that first hit

Maybe it just come down to UK offered so Butch did. An offer doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. Just that the coaches are watching. He's instate for UT, they should be watching.

Guy the kid is a rising jr and will easily be a top 10 db in the country. He's single handedly one of the most aggressive man press loving kids i hv ever seen. He absolutely fears no one on an island. As a freshman he was put man up on Josh Malone. The weather conditions were a factor also but TJ per Josh was the best cb he played all that year. Guys Joejuan is a natural safety TJ is all cb. CBJ offering had nothing to do with UK offering this kid will blow up very soon. He was top 3 db at the Addidas camp Woody reported on wk before last.

Reactions: 9 people
Guy the kid is a rising jr and will easily be a top 10 db in the country. He's single handedly one of the most aggressive man press loving kids i hv ever seen. He absolutely fears no one on an island. As a freshman he was put man up on Josh Malone. The weather conditions were a factor also but TJ per Josh was the best cb he played all that year. Guys Joejuan is a natural safety TJ is all cb. CBJ offering had nothing to do with UK offering this kid will blow up very soon. He was top 3 db at the Addidas camp Woody reported on wk before last.

Nice info. Sounds like a player to watch over next couple of yrs

"I'm just a competitor," Carter told VolQuest.com. "I like to compete. I want your best athletes. I want all of them.""Very, very excited about that," he said, adding that he wasn't expecting to hear from the Vols this relatively early in the process. "I like it," Carter said. "It really excited me. I was shocked to get it myself. I was thankful. Hoping to pick up some more."

Consistently pressing receivers off he line of scrimmage --- 2016 tight end Gabe Angel and receivers Jay King, Bryce Vickers, Elijah Pankey, Jacoby Stevens (2017) and Caleb Rozar (2017) were some of the names on offense at the camp --- Carter was more than capable of handling anyone and everyone, too.

"I can press," Carter said, "I'm good with my hands." "What I need to work on is (not) being overly aggressive, being too aggressive," he said. "Work on that, use my feet more (instead)."

There's no better setting, either, to work on those details than under Buck Fitzgerald, competing against the state's best prospects week in and week out.

"It helps us a lot because everybody out here, they're good, the best players at their school," Carter said of the NPA workouts. "But when they get out here, they've got people from different schools that are just as good as them."See what you got, see what the competition level is. I like that."

Rivals, 2/24

Reactions: 2 people
I like this kids game. Pretty raw but definitely has big time potential here. Would love to see an Hville kid in orange. It's been awhile since Wilhoit was on the Hill.

2017 defensive back TJ Carter showed well at the NPA camp he was once again in MVP form. He played aggressive in man press and also showed well in playing off zone type skills. Even at one point he was in man press against one of the best WR in the camp from E. TN and the route was never ran. It was ended when the jam occured. Ran a 4.4 40 and had shuttle times that were popping off the charts as we review the results per position group. Here recently he has received offers from Ala and Auburn. FSU, LSU, ATm, UGA has called and want to offer. Just know with his combination of speed, athleticism, and confidence, I'll go out on a limb and say he could easily be a top 10 db in America next yr. He was the db MVP at the addidas camp in Atlanta, went to rivals camp and put on a show along with Joejaun. Guys this will be a fun combo to watch this yr.

Reactions: 6 people

Best Feet

Carter doesn't have the raw athleticism that some of the other prospects in attendance possessed, but he makes up for it with excellent technique. He showed he's capable of battling any receiver toe-to-toe and isn't afraid to back down from a challenge. Carter is excellent at back pedaling quickly and that allows him to keep pace with quicker receivers down the field. Carter has early offers from Tennessee and Kentucky, but will likely have plenty of options down the line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
From the recent National Playmakers Academy camp in Tenn

Carter is a young man who has successful college football player written all over him. The Hendersonville, Tennessee native has recently been moved to the cornerback position, and says he loves it. And what's not to love. At 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, he is very physical for the position, and has a strong frame. Benching 265 pounds, he gets up into the wide receiver's space and causes havoc for the offensive player getting off the line. The junior-to-be has already picked up offers from Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ole Miss.

-Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
From the recent National Playmakers Academy camp in Tenn

-Rivals

Not sure what Rivals guy wrote this but TJ has been a cb. He was the starter as a true freshman who shadowed Josh Malone in the epic SC vs Hendersonville gm 2 yrs ago. But if you read my comments i wrote earlier in this thread then just know i stand by that. Kid has the attitude of It is him against the world and is as physical as it gets. His offers have sky rocketed since our last camp. He has even gotten a call from Nick Saban himself. So i see this as a national recruitment that would probably end up with him being a 5* or high 4* guy

Hendersonville is 4-0 now and Terrell Carter has rushed for over 100 yards in all four games. :thumbsup:

He loves UT and is Buck's younger cousin. He really enjoyed the OU vs UT gm and the environment of the game and stadium. He's been to several places for games but said nothing has ever topped that night in Neyland.

Reactions: 3 people
Three-star defensive back T.J. Carter continues to impress with his ability to cover one-on-one and as far as technique goes, he’s ahead of the curve at this point in his development. Carter already has offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State and others and looks like a future SEC talent.

Woody, Rivals 7x7 at TSU

Hello De1connley.....I wonder if that Tyrel Dotson is the son of Duane Dotson, the former Hendersonville Commando, that played at UT then played at Ole Miss and the Dolphins.....

I know he was dismissed from HHS football team. Anybody hear if he is going to transfer to another school for his senior year?

VN Store

Back