Vols used 'opportunity' to land 3-QB class

kamoshika

"Some players get scared away by a roster full of some guys," receivers coach Zach Azzanni told reporters before Tennessee's recruiting celebration in Nashville last week. "Quite frankly, those aren't the guys we want. We want guys that want to play with other great players and want to compete to play with great players.

"I think you saw that in this class, especially at the quarterback position. To bring in four quarterbacks, and never once did any of them mention the other guys, they just want to come in and compete. I think that says a lot."

Tennessee Vols used 'opportunity' to land 3-QB class | Local News | Times Free Press

Reactions: 3 people
#1 Whose the 4th QB Azzanni is talking about?

#2 Also, CMB told media @ 2weeks before Peterman leaving that he had not indication NP was transferring. CBJ OTOH says they used the "the 1 QB on scholly as a selling point.

Sumbidy ain't tellin' the troof if yask me.

Reactions: 1 person

#2 Also, CMB told media @ 2weeks before Peterman leaving that he had not indication NP was transferring. CBJ OTOH says they used the "the 1 QB on scholly as a selling point.

#1 = Jancek, the walk on. Coaches son

Zack Jancek

#1 - 4th QB is Zac Jancek, Coach Jancek's son who is walking on out of Knoxville Catholic.

#2 - Who cares? Peterman is gone, and we've got several talented guys at QB.

Reactions: 2 people

Probably Jancek's boy. And of course he's not going to tell media squat about a player transferring before that player's done his own due diligence and been accepted and whatnot.

They knew Peterman was leaving. There are reasons people wait to announce things. Peterman may have even asked that it stay quiet until he found his new home in case something fell through that made him stay. As soon as he found a home they announced it.

If we have to ding somebody, I choose that notorious liar Mike Bajakian!...glad we rid ourselves of that scumbag! :aggressive:

:)

Sigh.

The coaches knew he was gone and told the recruits that.

When speaking to media, of course they are not going to mention it before there is anything official.

It's called "doing what's in the best interest if the program" which is what they are paid to do

Sigh.

The coaches knew he was gone and told the recruits that.

When speaking to media, of course they are not going to mention it before there is anything official.

It's called "doing what's in the best interest if the program" which is what they are paid to do

Ok. If that's what it's called. Just establishing it for the record. :detective:

The article should have been titled 'UT used OSU to land 3 QBs'

Considering Ohio State finished the season with a 3rd stringer under center, I don't think you could provide better evidence of the 'one snap away' comment. I hope Dobbs has an injury free career but it only takes one awkward hit to change everything.

I am guessing CBJ is going to try and redshirt 2 of the 3 and give the other one 'mop up' duty reps which I hope we will start seeing more frequently after Astro's rung up 35 pts!

Z Jancek looks like he needs more physical development before we see him anywhere.

lol. Jancek, eh?

Young man actually has talent, especially considering he's only played QB for two years. Whether or not it works out at the college level, time will tell. He's about 20-30 lbs light, but has most of the measureables needed. Plus.....he's a walk on.

#2 CMB may not have been in the loop. Plausible deniability.

Ok. If that's what it's called. Just establishing it for the record. :detective:

tumblr_lrs2ki7gUk1qao5mko1_500.jpg

Hmm....Peterman graduated. Is there a way to take him off scholarship numbers with that in mind? In any case even if Peterman stayed he was at most a warm body. We likely do not beat Vandy with him starting at QB.

Hmm....Peterman graduated. Is there a way to take him off scholarship numbers with that in mind? In any case even if Peterman stayed he was at most a warm body. We likely do not beat Vandy with him starting at QB.

Yes, Peterman will not count against the 85 limit.

VN Store

Back