Top 5 instant impact freshmen

Phat-Phil

Last edited:
Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page

Free article on Scout, SIAP.

Good article and wanted to see which 5 freshman Volnation thought would make the biggest impact.

My list:
1) Alvin Karmara
2) Kahlil McKenzie
3) Justin Martin
4) Kyle Phillips
5) Darin Kirkland Jr (depending on how long it takes to come back from injury)

I'll go, top 5 newcomers.

Martin
Kamara
Townsend
McKenzie
Phillips

Givin the punter some love!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page

Free article on Scout, SIAP.

Good article and wanted to see which 5 freshman Volnation thought would make the biggest impact.

My list:
1) Alvin Karmara
2) Kahlil McKenzie
3) Justin Martin
4) Kyle Phillips
5) Darin Kirkland Jr (depending on how long it takes to come back from injury)

Kamara and Martin are Jucos.

1) KMac
2) Tuttle
3) Townsend
4) Phillips
5) Kirkland

McKenzie
Townsend
Phillips
J. Jones
Richmond

Kirkland would be in there if he's healthy.

Last edited:
I agree with the OP's list. I would probably switch Kirkland for Tuttle though. I agree that Kamara will make the biggest impact though. No offense to Lane, but Kamara is the caliber of back we need splitting carries with Hurd.

Top 5 instant impact Freshmen

1) McKenzie
2) Phillips
3) Micah Abernathy
4) Townsend
5) Tuttle

Top 5 for all newcomers

1) Kamara
2) Martin
3) Ralph David Abernathy
4) McKenzie
5) Phillips

Last edited:
Top 5 instant impact Freshmen

1) McKenzie
2) Phillips
3) Micah Abernathy
4) Townsend
5) Tuttle

Top 5 for all newcomers

1) Kamara
2) Martin
3) Robert David Abernathy
4) McKenzie
5) Phillips

LOL What?

RDA is your #3 overall newcomer?..

Reactions: 2 people
Going off of newcomers, not just freshmen, my list would be:

1) Alvin Kamara - He'll see the field immediately, splitting time with Hurd, and may even outshine Hurd this year if Hurd goes through the sophmore slump.

2) Justin Martin - I think he locks up the starting position opposite Sutton. Day one starter imo.

3)KMac - He may not be a day one starter, but I think he is a starter by the midway point of the season.

4) Kyle Phillips - If his first step is half as fast as I've heard, I can easily see him splitting time with Maggitt at the DE position just for pass rushing.

5) Tommy Townsend - Mostly because there's a good chance he's our day one punter. We have other punters on the roster, but I don't think they're scholly. Hopefully he locks up the position for the next four years.

If not for his injury, I'd have Darrin Kirkland at #5.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe a tad...

Well that's no good.

I was already thinking about the ESPN feel good story leading up to the announcement.

Kid transfers as a SR to reunite with his old coach. His little brother commits to play along side him. The Abernathy, MLK tie ins. Kid goes on to score multiple TDs receiving, rushing(jet sweep), special teams, and he even throws one. All while UT plays for an SECE title and Butch wins national coach of the year. On either side of RDAIV in New York? Hurd and Dobbs. Abernathy is announced the winner and as he climbs up on the stack of phone books to give his speech, VN goes wild.

The End.

Poor choice of wording on my part. I should've said from the 2015 class instead of freshman.

The Mods wanted 3 demerits, but I talked them down to only 1. You can work that off in no time at all.....

Going bold here. Gonna say Juan Jennings, because I figure Dobbs goes down from injury, but hopefully nothing severe and only for a short while. From all the video I've seen, I just feel Jennings is the most dynamic. I think he comes in and balls out in Dobbs absence. Then Dobbs comes back and wins the East for us.
:)

McKenzie will see the field day 1. I've never seen a d lineman look so dominant on film against the top O line recruits in the nation. After a year in the weight room and in the conditioning program and he will be the best interior d lineman in the nation as a sophomore in 2016. I know, I sound like Nationdom but I truly believe it.

McKenzie will see the field day 1. I've never seen a d lineman look so dominant on film against the top O line recruits in the nation. After a year in the weight room and in the conditioning program and he will be the best interior d lineman as a sophomore in 2016. I know, I sound like Nationdom but I truly believe it.

He has already been in the Raiders Strength & Conditioning program.

VN Store

Back