Rivals Comments on Vol Croots...

OuterBanksVol

BJa5YPsCYAI62V5.jpg

"What else can you say about Tennessee coach Butch Jones? How about this: He's starting to push his way to the Nick Saban-Urban Meyer discussion as a recruiting head coach. His work on Drew Richmond was simply amazing, and he's building a potential powerhouse in Knoxville. The defensive line class in 2015 for Tennessee is one of the best I've seen in my 17 years."

- Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director, Rivals.com

Reactions: 78 people
Damn right!!!!!! We coming sec champs this year and then national championship NEXT year!!!! #GBO #wegonwhoopdata$$

I think Butch has done a great job, but I think we are still one class away from getting us back to where Tennessee was. Be patient we are making some real progress with Butch so don't expect to much to fast... Remember when Butch go here we were pretty bare and it takes depth to win in the SEC. Go Vols

Reactions: 6 people
View attachment 90656

"What else can you say about Tennessee coach Butch Jones? How about this: He's starting to push his way to the Nick Saban-Urban Meyer discussion as a recruiting head coach. His work on Drew Richmond was simply amazing, and he's building a potential powerhouse in Knoxville. The defensive line class in 2015 for Tennessee is one of the best I've seen in my 17 years."

- Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Director, Rivals.com

Read the Tennessean article posted under free Vols news on the VN homepage . Scroll down past the thread forum to find articles on the Vols. :good!:

"The defensive line class in 2015 for Tennessee is one of the best I've seen in my 17 years."

That's cause they bad ass.

Reactions: 4 people
Damn right!!!!!! We coming sec champs this year and then national championship NEXT year!!!! #GBO #wegonwhoopdata$$

For a minute I thought I was reading something I wrote.
I am all in but it feels like a very good dream. Then I go and ruin it by adding reality to the mix. :banghead2:

GO VOLS!

I think Butch has done a great job, but I think we are still one class away from getting us back to where Tennessee was. Be patient we are making some real progress with Butch so don't expect to much to fast... Remember when Butch go here we were pretty bare and it takes depth to win in the SEC. Go Vols

Jones' first class was better than most of Fulmer's odd year "needs" classes. His last two were as good as any of his even year "great" classes. This team has talent and quality depth almost everywhere. It is typical, not exceptional, for Fr to be in the two deep across the SEC. This roster is slightly Soph heavy... but those Soph's have an abnormally high composite level of experience.

IOW's... now they just need to coach them to get back to where UT was. Maturity and maybe another class could be needed to get back to where UT was in the late 90's or beyond that.

Remember, Fulmer was known as a "great" recruiter. Jones is better... MUCH better.

Reactions: 5 people
BTW, I believe Fulmer used to say that DT's were worth their weight in gold. When he left, UT had one SEC caliber DT on the roster. What Jones has done at DT in particular is pretty amazing.

Reactions: 3 people
LOL..Calm Down. Geez

U must be one of those "down in front" handsitters at Neyland. Geez. Hope u were kidding and if so my bad, but enthusiasm is much better than Lebanisms(Lebvol level negativity, and I believe I just made up a new word!) Its been years since UT fans have been able to have this level of excitement so if u were being serious, let the man enjoy his manic Vol state that has been dormant for oh about 7 years

I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for the break out year. This program is due some breaks after all the S*&$ that's gone on over the past several years. I won't reiterate as you all know what I'm talking about. We're due some pay back in the form of "wasn't it great when Bama had twelve men on the field when we fumbled at the goal line but scored on the next play after their penalty for illegal participation." Or "man I can't believe the Gators missed that chip shot field goal to preserve our win." Or my favorite "can your believe K Mac blocked that game saving field goal with his arm pit!" Its time to even it up Karma!

VN Store

Back