Landon Dickerson.jpg

South Caldwell HS
Hickory, NC
HT: 6' 4"
WT: 289 lbs
Class of 2016
Landon Dickerson
Landon Dickerson - Yahoo! Sports

Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page
Three-star OL Landon Dickerson set to visit Tennessee Vols again

”I have offers from Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Clemson and South Carolina,” said Landon Dickerson. “I’d say Tennessee and Virginia Tech are recruiting me the hardest, and that means a lot.”

Last edited:
I like the look of this kid! Looks like he may have a little bit of a nasty streak.

would be a good get at guard. may be top OL in NC in 2016. surprised hes not a 4 star

I'm in. We signed a great OL class yesterday, and are finally building the depth we need to compete in this conference. Now we just have to keep building and maintain it. Johnson was a great start.

I've got Johnson, Matthews, and Price in my 2016 OL class. With all 3 of those being OTs, I'd consider a swap of Price for Dickerson. Taking 2 tackles and a guard would probably set us up better going forward.

Reactions: 2 people
I've got Johnson, Matthews, and Price in my 2016 OL class. With all 3 of those being OTs, I'd consider a swap of Price for Dickerson. Taking 2 tackles and a guard would probably set us up better going forward.

Unless one of the 5 we signed this year can play center, I think we need a center in the '16 class.

Reactions: 1 person
Meh......I think we should skip OL next year. Seemed to work out ok last time we did it.

:thud:

Reactions: 2 people
Unless one of the 5 we signed this year can play center, I think we need a center in the '16 class.

I think they would take Drake Jackson if he were considering a flip from UK. If not, I'd wait till 2017 to address it. Weisman with 2 years to play and Thomas with 3 I think we're alright. Several other guys have probably played some C at some point and could get a look if need be. Raulerson being 1 maybe.

I'll be ecstatic if we land Matthews. It will be a battle for him though. I think we have all learned to trust Butch though.

I think they would take Drake Jackson if he were considering a flip from UK. If not, I'd wait till 2017 to address it. Weisman with 2 years to play and Thomas with 3 I think we're alright. Several other guys have probably played some C at some point and could get a look if need be. Raulerson being 1 maybe.

By the time the '16 guys get on campus Wiseman will be a senior and Thomas (who may or may not end up at center) will be a junior. Even if Raulerson is the guy long term, we need to get one in to redshirt and develop behind him. That's how you avoid having to play true freshmen and walk-ons when injuries and attrition happen.

By the time the '16 guys get on campus Wiseman will be a senior and Thomas (who may or may not end up at center) will be a junior. Even if Raulerson is the guy long term, we need to get one in to redshirt and develop behind him. That's how you avoid having to play true freshmen and walk-ons when injuries and attrition happen.

Imo Stewart would make for a good C. While I have no idea if he's ever snapped the ball, imo he's got that mean and nasty mindset a C needs.

One of the guys I work with son played at South with this kid. He told me that Dickerson really liked TN.

I like the mean streak. NC prospect, we will get him if Butch wants him. we need to continue stealing the best prospects out of NC and SC.

Per P Fort

I caught up with Kellen Diesch and Landon Dickerson today after they both made it home from yesterday's junior day.

Dickerson tells me Tennessee, Virginia Tech and South Carolina are the three teams sticking out the most to him right now. He hopes to make some spring practice visits, including one to Tennessee. The Vols seemed to really impress him and I think they are legitimate factor here. Virginia Tech is really in it as well because of their engineering program and you can't dismiss the tie he has to Virginia Tech since his grandfather played there. But, in talking to his father he also mentioned that they are making a decision based on what's best for Landon and mentioned Tennessee is hard to beat when it comes to what they can offer student athletes.

Reactions: 5 people
I think you can go ahead and say SC is a distant 3rd from those comments. This will come down to heart vs head imo.

Definitely Vols are Hokies. Given that VT is on the slide and us on the rise gives us a real shot imo. Very good player, probably a 4 star guard and one of top two OL in this class out of NC.

Definitely Vols are Hokies. Given that VT is on the slide and us on the rise gives us a real shot imo. Very good player, probably a 4 star guard and one of top two OL in this class out of NC.

Is VT on the slide? I actually thought they were kind of coming back up.

OpponentTime/TVTicketsSaturday
Aug. 30William & Mary Tribe*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 34-9---Saturday

Sept. 6at Ohio State Buckeyes
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OHWon 35-21---Saturday

Sept. 13East Carolina Pirates
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 28-21---Saturday

Sept. 20Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 27-24---Saturday

Sept. 27Western Michigan Broncos*(HC)
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 35-17---Saturday

Oct. 4at North Carolina Tar Heels*
Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, NCWon 34-17---Saturday

Oct. 11---Open Date------Thursday
Oct. 16at Pittsburgh Panthers*
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PALost 21-16---Thursday
Oct. 23Miami (FL) Hurricanes*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 30-6---Saturday
Nov. 1Boston College Eagles*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 33-31---Saturday
Nov. 8---Open Date------Saturday
Nov. 15at Duke Blue Devils*
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NCWon 17-16---Saturday
Nov. 22at Wake Forest Demon Deacons*
BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, NCLost 6-3 (2OT)---Friday
Nov. 28Virginia Cavaliers*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 24-20---2014 Military BowlSaturday
Dec. 27Cincinnati Bearcats*
Navy-Marine Corps. Stadium, Annapolis, MDWon 33-17

no they still spiraling down. they upset OSU to begin the season only because of the qb situation at OSU at the time. after that lost to ecu, pitt, wake forest among others.

OpponentTime/TVTicketsSaturday
Aug. 30William & Mary Tribe*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 34-9---Saturday

Sept. 6at Ohio State Buckeyes
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OHWon 35-21---Saturday

Sept. 13East Carolina Pirates
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 28-21---Saturday

Sept. 20Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 27-24---Saturday

Sept. 27Western Michigan Broncos*(HC)
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 35-17---Saturday

Oct. 4at North Carolina Tar Heels*
Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, NCWon 34-17---Saturday

Oct. 11---Open Date------Thursday
Oct. 16at Pittsburgh Panthers*
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PALost 21-16---Thursday
Oct. 23Miami (FL) Hurricanes*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 30-6---Saturday
Nov. 1Boston College Eagles*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VALost 33-31---Saturday
Nov. 8---Open Date------Saturday
Nov. 15at Duke Blue Devils*
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NCWon 17-16---Saturday
Nov. 22at Wake Forest Demon Deacons*
BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, NCLost 6-3 (2OT)---Friday
Nov. 28Virginia Cavaliers*
Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VAWon 24-20---2014 Military BowlSaturday
Dec. 27Cincinnati Bearcats*
Navy-Marine Corps. Stadium, Annapolis, MDWon 33-17

no they still spiraling down. they upset OSU to begin the season only because of the qb situation at OSU at the time. after that lost to ecu, pitt, wake forest among others.

Thanks. I guess I didn't pay as much attention to them as I thought. Yep. They suck.

VN Store

Back