2016 Class

VolColts03

I had 9 right in my 2015 class. Here's who I see Butch reeling in next February (only 19 plus Bruce and Perry):

QB - Austin Kendall
RB - BJ Emmons
RB - Robert Washington
WR - Charlie Woerner
WR - Donnie Corley
OT - Ryan Johnson
OT - Bryce Matthews
DT - Antwuan Jackson
DE - Emmit Gooden
DE - Prince Sammons
OLB - Emanuel Bridges
OLB - Daniel Bituli
ILB - Tre Lamar
S - Nigel Warrior
CB - Marquill Osborne
CB - Joejuan Williams
CB - Mecole Hardman
CB - Donte Vaughn
ATH/WR - Dorian Banks

We flip Sammons from Ohio State and Lamar from Bama.

We miss out on Feaster to Clemson and get Washington to commit heading into signing day.

Bailey Phillips ends up with the Longhorns.

We have to fight to hold on to Emanuel Bridges.

Ryan Johnson and Nigel Warrior become our recruit recruiters.

We go with 4 CBs since Sutton and Martin are heading to the pros.

Sammons, Lamar, and Kendall end up 5 stars.

Did I miss any obvious locks?

We'll see how this looks in a year.

I had 9 right in my 2015 class. Here's who I see Butch reeling in next February (only 19 plus Bruce and Perry):

QB - Austin Kendall
RB - BJ Emmons
RB - Robert Washington
WR - Charlie Woerner
WR - Donnie Corley
OT - Ryan Johnson
OT - Bryce Matthews
DT - Antwuan Jackson
DE - Emmit Gooden
DE - Prince Sammons
OLB - Emanuel Bridges
OLB - Daniel Bituli
ILB - Tre Lamar
S - Nigel Warrior
CB - Marquill Osborne
CB - Joejuan Williams
CB - Mecole Hardman
CB - Donte Vaughn
ATH/WR - Dorian Banks

We miss out on Feaster to Clemson and get Washington to commit heading into signing day.

I see you don't follow recruiting much. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Mr. VolColts. Your thread is redundant and will now be merged with the twelve other threads on the same topic.

All I know is that we will once again have to lock down our borders. As it stands now on 247, the great state of Tennessee has eight four star recruits. We also have several more high end three star players too. Out of those eight four star players, we only have one committed to us right now. He is a 6'6 OT by the name of Ryan Johnson, and plays for Brentwood Academy. He has a teammate named Bryce Matthews who is also a OT and stands 6'5.5, 270 lbs. We most definitely need to secure a commitment from him. The only other in-state commitment we have now is Dorian Banks. He is listed as a three star athlete and is right in UT's backyard playing at Sevier County.

Reactions: 1 person
All I know is that we will once again have to lock down our borders. As it stands now on 247, the great state of Tennessee has eight four star recruits. We also have several more high end three star players too. Out of those eight four star players, we only have one committed to us right now. He is a 6'6 OT by the name of Ryan Johnson, and plays for Brentwood Academy. He has a teammate named Bryce Matthews who is also a OT and stands 6'5.5, 270 lbs. We most definitely need to secure a commitment from him. The only other in-state commitment we have now is Dorian Banks. He is listed as a three star athlete and is right in UT's backyard playing at Sevier County.
I like our chances with all those guys except Matthews and Oden. Get those 3 CBs plus 2 more to fill out that position.

Rontavious Groves and Deuce Wallace (teammate of Banks) need to be watched too. Better than advertised imo.

QB - Austin Kendall
RB - BJ Emmons
RB - Robert Washington
WR - Charlie Woerner
WR - Donnie Corley
OT - Ryan Johnson
OT - Bryce Matthews
DT - Antwuan Jackson
DE - Emmit Gooden
DE - Prince Sammons
OLB - Emanuel Bridges
OLB - Daniel Bituli
ILB - Tre Lamar
S - Nigel Warrior
CB - Marquill Osborne
CB - Joejuan Williams
CB - Mecole Hardman
CB - Donte Vaughn
ATH/WR - Dorian Banks

I'm pretty sure Justin Martin will be a true sophomore in 2015. So he won't be going pro until the 2017 draft at the earliest.

I like our chances with all those guys except Matthews and Oden. Get those 3 CBs plus 2 more to fill out that position.
Why do you not like our chances with Matthews? Now that you said that, I seem to remember reading that he may be a legacy at some other SEC school. Is that correct? If so, what school?

Rontavious Groves and Deuce Wallace (teammate of Banks) need to be watched too. Better than advertised imo.

I'm not familiar with Groves. What position does he play? I agree with Deuce being better than advertised. I believe him to be underrated.

Why do you not like our chances with Matthews? Now that you said that, I seem to remember reading that he may be a legacy at some other SEC school. Is that correct? If so, what school?

I'm not familiar with Groves. What position does he play? I agree with Deuce being better than advertised. I believe him to be underrated.

Matthews is viewed as a tough pull from A&M. IMO UT gets him.

thanks OP, I always struggle switching from one class to the next to figure out which threads to keep track of (besides the commits of course), this should help.

With the size of the past two classes, I don't know how we can even fit 10 in here, but I know somehow Butch will find away to fit another 30

Well we have at least 17 seniors. Who knows if any juniors will declare for the draft. Then you have to factor in any potential transfers. IMO we will find a way to take around 20 or so.

Well we have at least 17 seniors. Who knows if any juniors will declare for the draft. Then you have to factor in any potential transfers. IMO we will find a way to take around 20 or so.

By my numbers we only have 14 scholarship Srs. I think 1 goes pro early (either Sutton or North). Giving us 15.

I would think 7-10 will leave for all the reasons under the sun by time fall camp 2016 rolls around.

I see 22-25 being the size of the 2016 class.:good!:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back