How will the 2016 class differ from 2015?

Nashvol2

Vol For Lifer
Obviously the numbers have to change for next year, right? Do you think the staff slows down this year when it comes to accepting commitments? With early playing time not being as possible as it was a year ago, how does the sales pitch change?

I'm excited to see us take the next step. I wonder if we have to win 8 this year to keep this momentum going.

It goes from "come here for early playing time and a shot at a championship down the road" to "come here for immediate success and championship potential."

I think we will slow down some. The biggest change I'm expecting to see is we get 1 maybe 2 qbs as opposed to 3.

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously the numbers have to change for next year, right? Do you think the staff slows down this year when it comes to accepting commitments? With early playing time not being as possible as it was a year ago, how does the sales pitch change?

I'm excited to see us take the next step. I wonder if we have to win 8 this year to keep this momentum going.

Yeah. These two classes have been about bulking up - or to quote Mac "cultivating mass". Butch needed to build depth and to start from square one. Now 3/4 of our team has been recruited by Butch to fit his system.

Now is time to tighten and tone. We don't need to rebuild a roster. We need to tweak and perfect a team. I don't see Butch accepting any commitments from anybody who won't be a quality SEC starter after this.

And the numbers will require it. We will go from averaging 30 per year to 20-25 man classes. We don't have room for anybody who isn't elite.

Reactions: 6 people
I think you will see a larger focus on skill positions, like DB, RB, & WR.

I think we have already been doing that to a degree. I would guess that this next class will be much more balanced. We definitely will need a couple of RB's. It will be interesting to see if the staff can lure a big time QB in 2016.

It goes from "come here for early playing time and a shot at a championship down the road" to "come here for immediate success and championship potential."

I tend to agree with you as far as the sales pitch. Do we have to win 8 games this year for that pitch to work?

(1) Less scholarships available!

(2) Won't sign 3 q.b.'s!

(3) Won't feel the urgent need to sign a punter!

(4) Won't give a scholarship to a long snapper!

Small class of top shelf guys at all positions. 1 qb maybe 2 rb smaller dline haul. More walkons.

You already have a near top 100 QB recruit in Kendall. But watch out, Indiana offered a few days ago so things might change.

/blue font

Reactions: 1 person
I highly doubt we only sign 20. My educated guess is that we will see just as many players leave the program next year as we did this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I tend to agree with you as far as the sales pitch. Do we have to win 8 games this year for that pitch to work?

Butch wasn't slowed down by a 7-5 year after recruiting top 5 so hard to say. Recruits seem to have lots of faith in him.

Haven't been this excited about recruiting in a while. So, what do you guys think we will finish at next year?

Impossible to say at this point. Who would have ever expected to lose two highly recruited freshman running backs this year and be in such dire straits? Attrition, unhappiness and injuries during the season will dictate needs and totals.

VN Store

Back