'15 TN QB Zac Jancek (UT preferred walk-on)

kamoshika

635491058576310006-DSC-2269-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Zac Jancek

Zac Jancek - Hudl

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound All-KIL selection had the prototypical size to be successful in high school, and blended enough crisp passes with some moderate elusiveness to help Catholic reach the second round of the Class 4A playoffs this past season.

Jancek completed 168 of 274 passes for 2,472 yards, 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2014.

“I’ve only been playing quarterback for two years,” Jancek said. “I played wide receiver before that. (Catholic) Coach (Steve) Matthews was great with quarterbacks, and he was a big reason why I was able to progress.”

Catholic QB Zac Jancek accepts preferred walk-on spot at UT - News Sentinel Story

Reactions: 12 people
If it wasn't for his dad being a coach here, how many people think he would be a preferred walk on? I personally don't. Congrats to the kid either way though.

Reactions: 1 person
If it wasn't for his dad being a coach here, how many people think he would be a preferred walk on? I personally don't. Congrats to the kid either way though.

2 star in-state kid who has the size and arm strength (apparently) and who has only played QB two years and looks decent at the position. I'm not mad.

Reactions: 6 people
2 star in-state kid who has the size and arm strength (apparently) and who has only played QB two years and looks decent at the position. I'm not mad.

I'm not mad either, I'm just saying, if it wasn't for his last name, and who is dad is, would he of been offered a preferred walk on spot? I'm sure there are several other 2 star QBs in the state with good size, and a good arm too. How many of those said kids are getting the same treatment?

Me either. The scholarship will likely never come. I'm sure both: he and dad know it. Depth. It works.

sorry how are you going to make that judgment based on his stars? bo wallace was a 2 star prospect from tennessee.

why cant we just stay positive? no need to trash a kid who probably could have gone elsewhere. i mean heck i bet florida wouldve taken his call at this point. if not then vandy for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not mad either, I'm just saying, if it wasn't for his last name, and who is dad is, would he of been offered a preferred walk on spot? I'm sure there are several other 2 star QBs in the state with good size, and a good arm too. How many of those said kids are getting the same treatment?

Don't blame him for taking advantage of a golden opportunity. Take in all you can young man. :cool2:

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back