New coaches and recruits:

Dudleys87

2B1A1
Q: Correct me if I'm wrong but recruits can opt out of a loi with no repercussions during a coaching change, right?

I seem to recall this happening before.

If true, wouldn't that put to bed the idea that butch was hold out so either class wouldn't fall part?

I don't think that is the reason he is holding out... I think he is holding out to focus on the class instead of forcing them to stay

Q: Correct me if I'm wrong but recruits can opt out of a loi with no repercussions during a coaching change, right?

If true, wouldn't that put to bed the idea that butch was hold out so either class wouldn't fall part?

They cannot currently opt out. The one exception was Penn State, nothing to do with the coaching change really though in that situation.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think that is the reason he is holding out... I think he is holding out to focus on the class instead of forcing them to stay

Couldn't really force them anyway.
I'm just hoping he is being respectful to the university of who ever the guy works for so they don't get screwed.

That said, I don't think it's anyone I want. If it were the chicken would have flew the coop by now.

It's commonplace in basketball for a HC change...but the new coach has to ok it...it's not under the signee's purview tho. In football, that ok rarely happens because if a new HC comes in AFTER signing day, there's usually a whole mess of problems he's having to deal with and he's not real charitable concerning player loss.

Couldn't really force them anyway.
I'm just hoping he is being respectful to the university of who ever the guy works for so they don't get screwed.

That said, I don't think it's anyone I want. If it were the chicken would have flew the coop by now.

I don't think UM losing Debord would impact their recruiting at all. :whistling:

Reactions: 2 people

Also would only be a head coach not an assistant.

It's commonplace in basketball for a HC change...but the new coach has to ok it...it's not under the signee's purview tho. In football, that ok rarely happens because if a new HC comes in AFTER signing day, there's usually a whole mess of problems he's having to deal with and he's not real charitable concerning player loss.

Thank you :hi:

Not a position coach

No you can not opt out during a coaching change. The only time you can opt out is if there are sanctions against a university and there are special provisions in the sanctions allowing players to leave without penalty.

Reactions: 3 people
VF76 is right afaik.

IIRC, Alabama got smacked down for the umpteenth time for rules violations around 2003. They were given a bowl ban among other things. One was that their players were allowed to transfer and play immediately. This, was of course, another hit the program because it allowed for wholesale transfers by players who didn't want to be punished for the schools mistakes.

But, in swooped the lovable Head Coach Dennis Franchione. He gathered the entire team and convinced every single one to stay committed to their school with him, as they overcame these problems as a family. Within days, and about a day or two after the deadline set by the NCAA to transfer, Coach Fran resigned his coaching position and took a "lateral" job at TAMU without sitting out a year. Those players were had and CDF got to fly the coop!

Bama disgusts me on a lot of levels. But, on that day, I felt sorry for those kids that got shafted. Never in my life will I have an ounce of respect for that "man". :mad: Watching his collapse at TAMU felt better than watching CLK at USC.

Reactions: 4 people
So help me to understand the premise of this thread. There is this idea that Butch is so ashamed of his OC hire that he us purposely waiting until after NSD so that he doesn't wreck the 2015 class...

Are you serious Clark!?

So help me to understand the premise of this thread. There is this idea that Butch is so ashamed of his OC hire that he us purposely waiting until after NSD so that he doesn't wreck the 2015 class...

Are you serious Clark!?

Sadly some people actually believe this.

The timing of Jake leaving put us in a bind as far as finding someone. Debord has interviewed extensively because he was available. Sanford will likely be interviewed more extensively when NSD is over.

VN Store

Back