Coming out of retirement... paint the rock for Richmond!!!

Ertel

**Edit**
Due to unexpected events and time constraints i will not be able to paint but fortunately Orange_White_Vol was already on it and is painting it this evening. Hats off to you good sir!! Lets all thank this guy and his friends for a supreme effort to help our beloved VOLS!!

Ok ladies and gentlemen, i havent done this in forever but its time i come out of retirement and do my part to help the Vols and Butch Jones. As always any and all help is appreciated, whether that be donation of time to help paint it,supplies, ideas or just words of encouragement. Im thinking mid morning saturday,maybe around 11-1. I would do it friday night like usual but i have my son and maybe work as well. So lets hear the ideas!! So far im thinking "Welcome Home Drew" then his football number painted really big under it. Short and sweet and to the point. Plus im not the artist my buddy jake tate was so i cant get too fancy. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
Not sure about wording of it but something like: "UT is one OL away from greatness."

Edit: Or use OT to make it more specific.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Make sure to include Justin Martin, Venzell Boulware, Kendall Bussey, and Preston Williams. You can theme something around Richmond joining them

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
"The Rich get Richer with Richmond"

This. It was the early graphic they used with Richmond for the magazine cover.

Alternates:

Tennessee, rising to the top with <recruits names>

Tennessee, top of the class with <recruits names>

Paint Richmond in a blue dress with Ruby slippers, saying "no place like home" (not serious) :)

Butch putting Freeze on ice. Welcome home Drew

Don't make a Hugh mistake.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe a power T made up of puzzle pieces of other names of recruits with one piece missing and off to the side with Richmond's name on it.
(it's early!!!)

Reactions: 40 people
Pic= Butch as UT's "Uncle Sam". *'cept put him in a Tennessee "bucket hat"
Words= "Butch needs YOU at OT"
"Welcome Home Drew"

for you young'uns that don't know "Uncle Sam". (Yes..I'd bet there will be several needing the reference)

we-want-you-uncle-sam.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like il be painting earlier than planned since theres a bball game goin on at noon. Maybe 9ish

Pic= Butch as UT's "Uncle Sam". *'cept put him in a Tennessee "bucket hat"
Words= "Butch needs YOU at OT"
"Welcome Home Drew"

for you young'uns that don't know "Uncle Sam". (Yes..I'd bet there will be several needing the reference)

we-want-you-uncle-sam.jpg

Not bad for 6am.

Have him bursting through an Ole Miss banner in an UT jersey with a caption saying, "Are you ready for this?"

You may want to connect with Orange_White_Vol. He said in the Visitor sticky thread him and a few friends plan to paint the rock as well.

Whatever you do...make sure to take a picture and tweet it. Last year the painting of recruits' names/numbers was deemed a rules violation and the rock kept getting painted over by AD staff.

#RichmondToTheHill

If enough people are interested, someone may wanna start another thread. I think we need to try and get this trending on twitter at some point during this weekend. This, meaning #RichmondToTheHill. During the basketball game would probably be the time to do it, as I'm sure he'll be in attendance and media covering the game would take notice of the effort I'm sure.

It's sounding like he's a coin flip coming into the visit, which usually bodes well for us. I say let's do this, along with the Rock, to make the flip happen. Thanks to Ertel for all that you do, and a hopeful thanks in advance to whoever is better at twitter than me to try and get this organized.

If enough people are interested, someone may wanna start another thread. I think we need to try and get this trending on twitter at some point during this weekend. This, meaning #RichmondToTheHill. During the basketball game would probably be the time to do it, as I'm sure he'll be in attendance and media covering the game would take notice of the effort I'm sure.

It's sounding like he's a coin flip coming into the visit, which usually bodes well for us. I say let's do this, along with the Rock, to make the flip happen. Thanks to Ertel for all that you do, and a hopeful thanks in advance to whoever is better at twitter than me to try and get this organized.

If he makes it to Knoxville tonight, I don't think he is a coin flip anymore.

VN Store

Back