@mwebb_8: University of Tennessee just offered🙌 #6 #Vols

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 11.49.17 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 11.49.17 PM.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 7 people
The four-star rising senior defensive lineman from Morgan County High School in Madison, Ga., said he “really enjoyed” his latest visit to Tennessee on Thursday, and he’s already planning to see the Vols again in a little more than two weeks to attend their “Orange Carpet Day” on June 18.

“I’ve been talking to Coach Strip (Tennessee defensive line coach Steve Stripling) and a bunch of other coaches on the coaching staff a lot. And (with) just the love they were showing me and everything, I had to get up there and see it for myself and get another visit in,” said Webb, who's ranked the nation’s No. 224 overall prospect and No. 7 strongside defensive end in the 2017 class.

“I really enjoyed it, and I can’t wait to get back up there and have fun, talk with the coaches more and everything.”

The 6-foot-3, 275-pound Webb said he doesn’t have an official “group of favorites” at this point. But he admitted Tennessee was “already pretty high” on his list, and Thursday’s visit made him like the Vols even more.

“They were already pretty high, because I talk to the coaching staff every day,” he said. “We’ll just see how it goes from there.”

Webb was accompanied on the visit by teammate Quin Williams, a Class of 2018 linebacker who also holds a scholarship offer from Tennessee. He said he’s “going to get back up” to Knoxville for Tennessee’s “Orange Carpet Day” to show his family what the Vols have to offer.

Tennessee’s facilities and the time he spent with Vols defensive line coach Steve Stripling, he said, were among highlights of his latest visit.

“I was very impressed with the facilities and the weight room,” Webb said. “And the new dorms that they’re putting in, I think they’re going to be pretty awesome later on.

“I was with Coach Strip the entire time. … I learned a lot from Coach Strip just sitting down and listening to him talk. He taught me a lot of new techniques and everything, and stuff they use for their defensive linemen. He’s a pretty good coach.”

Webb said Stripling told him that he’s capable of playing either defensive end or defensive tackle in Tennessee’s 4-3 base defense, and he might even play both positions.

“He said I can play end and I can also play the three-technique, so really, wherever he needs me, I’ll go there and play that position. I like the idea of playing both positions,” said Webb, who claims offers from more than two dozen schools.

“This recruiting class, they’re going to really look at the defensive line. He was (saying) they really need defensive linemen and everything.”

In addition to visiting Tennessee again later this month, he said he’s already planning on “getting up to a game this fall” to see the Vols play in person. And he admitted he’s impressed by the direction of their program.

“I think they’re going to be pretty good this upcoming season,” Webb said. “They have a lot of hype around Tennessee, and I think they’re going to live up to it.”

Webb said Tennessee is one of approximately a half-dozen schools recruiting him hardest, along with South Carolina, Auburn, Kentucky, Georgia Tech and Florida.

Reactions: 12 people
My home town......my kids know him. Friends say he reps au stuff and visits au all time just passing along info

The four-star rising senior defensive lineman from Morgan County High School in Madison, Ga., said he had a “great” time at Tennessee on Saturday during its one-day recruiting event, and he’s “going to take an official visit” to see the Vols again later this year.

“It was great. I really enjoyed it, being able to hang out with the coaches and everything, and the other players, too,” said Webb, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 240 overall prospect and No. 7 strongside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class. “It was a memorable day. I had a lot of fun (Saturday). Tennessee, they’re a great place. I can see myself playing inside Neyland Stadium. I’m going to take an official visit up to Tennessee this fall.”

Webb said Shoop told him that “they need guys like me on their defense and everything. Even though it wasn’t a recruiting weekend, they did a little recruiting and everything with me,” Webb said. “It was all fun. I really enjoyed that. … (Shoop) was like, I have a great personality, and I can just come in and make an impact and help build Tennessee’s defense for the next few years.”

He said he and Stripling “always talk football, but we weren’t really talking football” during their time together Saturday afternoon.

“We were just talking about family and everything, and I got to meet his wife there,” Webb said. “It added to my relationship with Coach Strip. He’s a great guy and everything. Everything that I was hearing from the players about him, it came out to be true. That’s what I like about a coach.”

Webb said he likes Tennessee for several reasons, including “the players” and “the tradition that they have around the school,” along with “what Coach Jones is doing to the program.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 5 people
"Caught up with MJ Webb over the weekend and he said he knows three official visit destinations: Tennessee, Auburn and South Carolina. Those are the top three schools for him right now.

It sounds like Tennessee is trending in the right direction there. They went from being a team that's somewhat in it to being a definite factor after he visited twice in the past six weeks."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 4 people
Want as our SDE since it looks like Williams is not coming to TN. Williams is probably a DT when all is said and done

VN Store

Back