15 NM QB Easton Bruere

PrattvilleVol

RIP RichRollin
It's pretty bizarre that a kid who is 6'3, 200 lbs, threw for nearly 4600 yards, 49 TDs, and only 6 INTs this season, doesn't have a single D-1 scholarship offer.

He beat Zach Gentry (Texas de-commit, Michigan commit currently) in the state championship.

Hopefully this kid gets a scholarship before signing day.

This kid can ball!!

The Best Football Prospect Nobody Has Ever Heard Of | Bleacher Report

Reactions: 2 people
I read the whole thing. Article basically says he isnt getting any offers because he lives in New Mexico. Has a 4.0 GPA. Went to a bunch of camps and the coaches said they liked him and that hes going to be a D1 QB, but nobody offered. Got letters from all around the country.

Feel bad for the kid

Reactions: 4 people
This year was a particularly strong class for QBs...Maybe if he had a bigger frame and wasn't from New Mexico he might get some looks. Just the way it is, we had a 6"2 200 QB from my hometown (deep west texas) that put up 4,000 yards and another thousand on the ground while taking his team to the playoffs his sr season. Pretty sure he got an offer from D2 UTSA (San Antonio) and that was it. Everyone thought he would for sure get a D1 offer but the reality is that he wasn't a great passer but he was extremely efficient in the scheme they were using.

Why? Why do people say things like this? It's not a UFC, but a team sport! :eek:hmy:

Nevertheless, nice thread OP.

How about like this...Both 6A QB's

Bruere 4600 yds. 49 TD 6 Int (ONE SEASON)
Gentry 3609 yds. 26 TD 9 Int (Career)

That's pretty clear

Arm strength is the issue here. Everything the kid throws in the first half of his highlight video is a touch pass that the receiver runs underneath.

SEC DBs watch this kid's tape like, "YES PLEASE!"

Reactions: 1 person
there is probably more to the story that they are leaving out. Colleges search under every rock these days looking for QBs. He went to several camps and sent his film to all schools. Yet he still has no offers. I mean someone is bound to offer or at least respond with suggestions.

He plays for Rio Rancho. It's a suburb of Albuquerque. It's not a football school in not a football state. He's got to be good for that program to even get to the championship, let alone beat el dorado. I played HS ball there, and I can tell you, nobody feared rio rancho.

I'm really surprised it says no D1 offers. I'd assume UNM and NMSU would be all over him. I hope, for him, that he can go to UNM and tear it up like Urlacher did.

This year was a particularly strong class for QBs...Maybe if he had a bigger frame and wasn't from New Mexico he might get some looks. Just the way it is, we had a 6"2 200 QB from my hometown (deep west texas) that put up 4,000 yards and another thousand on the ground while taking his team to the playoffs his sr season. Pretty sure he got an offer from D2 UTSA (San Antonio) and that was it. Everyone thought he would for sure get a D1 offer but the reality is that he wasn't a great passer but he was extremely efficient in the scheme they were using.
UTSA is FBS. They didn't start playing football until 2011. They play in Conference USA.

there is probably more to the story that they are leaving out. Colleges search under every rock these days looking for QBs. He went to several camps and sent his film to all schools. Yet he still has no offers. I mean someone is bound to offer or at least respond with suggestions.

Yeah, something must be up. I can't buy the New Mexico thing because a) Zach Gentry is getting noticed and b) with the scouting/recruiting culture being what it is, they wouldn't overlook a guy just because he's from New Mexico. Heck, there are two FBS New Mexico schools that could have offered him.

Read this last night. There's got to be something more to this story. Hell we took a guy from Germany who'd barely played organized football. His location can't be the only reason.

VN Store

Back