Grant Holloway
Wide Receiver
Chesapeake, VA (Grassfield)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 180 | 40: 4.26
Class of 2016

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

Offers from Va Tech, Virginia, Tennessee, & Clemson. Two Sport Athlete (Track & Football). During his sophomore year he won the state championship in four different events; the 55-meter hurdles and the high jump in the indoor season as well as the 110-meter hurdles and the high jump in the outdoor session.

"I knew about Tennessee because of the track side of things but I never understood Tennessee on the football side so when I got the offer I did some research and saw that a few athletes from around the Chesapeake area came through Tennessee," Holloway said. "I had an eye for Tennessee because Aries Merritt went there and Justin Gatlin went there."

Once he began to investigate the history of Tennessee football he found recent players like Justin Hunter and Jerod Mayo and his interest grew and he camped at Tennessee this past summer, where he said he clocked a 4.26 40-yard dash, and visited once again this fall for the Vols' game against Missouri.

"The Tennessee atmosphere is perfect. I like it," Holloway said. "The excitement from when I was in the stands to when I was walking around the campus with my mom and my dad, it was great."

"I like how I would be able to do both at the school, track and football," Holloway said of Tennessee. "I want to do both in college. As soon as one season is finished I can just roll right into the next to stay in shape. It can get me stronger as an individual if I want go to the NFL or pursue the olympics."

"I would say the teams that are starting to stick out more are Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Virginia," Holloway said. "I started thinking about where can I do both, run track and play football, and win and that's why I'm thinking about those three."

-Rivals

(SIAP could not find a thread)

Reactions: 1 person
If he wants to play WR then don't go to VT or VA. Only one choice. If 4.26 is accurate then that puts him way up on the scale of raw speed.

If this kid wants to both Football/Track, then he needs to give Knoxville a serious look. UT has had several players do both over the years and they need to keep reminding him of it every chance they get. Sounds like a real "game-changer" type of player from the short read above. Would be a nice get...JMO

good grief...just amazing how little this younger generation knows...knew us because of 2 track stars and nothing about football...if you are 20 or younger the rock must be huge that you live under...WOW

good grief...just amazing how little this younger generation knows...knew us because of 2 track stars and nothing about football...if you are 20 or younger the rock must be huge that you live under...WOW

This kid has Olympic aspirations...different goals, different idols...it's not surprising that's how he found out about Tennessee. Also the fact that we haven't been relevant in football for practically half his life kind of puts things into perspective...He's probably not the one living under a rock.

Reactions: 1 person
This kid has Olympic aspirations...different goals, different idols...it's not surprising that's how he found out about Tennessee. Also the fact that we haven't been relevant in football for practically half his life kind of puts things into perspective...He's probably not the one living under a rock.

Well said. I'm about 9 years older than this guy and we won the NC when I was 10. Why would he remember that?

Anyway, 4.26 is slick! Would be nice to have a burner like that

winning a national title has nothing to do with anything in regards to not knowing about soemthing...not knowing that people like peyton manning, jason witten, jerod mayo, arian foster and so on and so forth...people who are on tv all day everyday when it is football season is ridiculous...like i said its the younger generation...you do not have to be winning national titles to know a school is a football school or produces talent...good grief...when i was 10 years i could tell you who the top 20-30 historic programs were and what star players had played there...btw im 32 years old...but thanks for trying to put me in my place...volnation is such a nice place

Reactions: 2 people
If this kid wants to both Football/Track, then he needs to give Knoxville a serious look. UT has had several players do both over the years and they need to keep reminding him of it every chance they get. Sounds like a real "game-changer" type of player from the short read above. Would be a nice get...JMO

I would really like another Willie Gault type athlete wearing the big Orange. Willie had a pretty good career in both sports.

Reactions: 2 people
If he wants to play WR then don't go to VT or VA. Only one choice. If 4.26 is accurate then that puts him way up on the scale of raw speed.

Not sure how some of the camps work, but would Tennessee have a mechanically timed 40? I mean... are we looking at a true 4.26 here? That's stupid fast.... :mf_surrender:

Not sure how some of the camps work, but would Tennessee have a mechanically timed 40? I mean... are we looking at a true 4.26 here? That's stupid fast.... :mf_surrender:

Probably hand timed...but still Olympic speed.

Thought our track coach was awful. Is it the same one that was here when that was a negative in Adoree's recruitment?

VN Store

Back