'15 TN TE/H-back Michael Muszik (preferred walk-on)

kamoshika

I've seen this kid's name pop up in a couple of places here but I think he deserves his own thread.

g2582580000000000002cff6dacced4f7e8716dd663fae958fe43d722bb.jpg

* Gatlinburg-Pittman HS, Gatlinburg, TN
* TE/H-back/DE
* 6-2, 245
* 40: 4.87
* Shuttle: 4.44
* Vertical: 34.9"
* Bench Press: 405
* Squat: 600

Rushed for over 1,600 yards & 26 TDs last year, also tallied 75 tackles, 15 TFL & 5 sacks as a DE.

Michael Muszik - Hudl

Michael Muszik's Football Recruiting Profile

Football Recruiting - Michael Muszik - Player Profiles - ESPN

What makes him so good is not just the size to bowl people over but the speed to outrun them.

“If you do miss a block, he just usually runs over the guy,” said senior offensive lineman Andrew Noland. “Plus, you have to learn to get out of the way or else you’re going to get hit in the back and get a lot of bruises.”

Power of Muszik | The Mountain Press

Jerry Muszik said his son can get significant academic scholarships just about anywhere he goes, making preferred walk-on offers at Vanderbilt and Tennessee tantalizing prospects. The pledge from those SEC schools means Muszik wouldn’t be on scholarship to start but would be reserved a place on the 105-man roster with the potential to earn a scholarship later in his career. Offensive lineman Jacob Gilliam is an example of a current Tennessee player that went that route...

“It’s a good precedent for me,” Muszik said. “It shows with hard work you can accomplish that. It’s nothing too hard to achieve. It’s not a crazy possibility.”

G-P's Michael Muszik mulling college football options | The Mountain Press

Muszik made multiple trips to ETSU, including an official visit on Jan. 9. He also unofficially visited Vanderbilt, which also wanted him as a preferred walk-on.

But his gut kept coming back to Tennessee. “I decided to follow my dream,” Muszik said.

What he’ll lack in athletic scholarship money at UT, he’ll make up for on the academic side. Muszik boasts a 3.8 GPA, and plans to study business.

Gatlinburg-Pittman’s Michael Muszik to be preferred walk-on at UT

g258258000000000000b70d8521e902c75973a2e8a46e6a1d6902afa912.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Orange blooded. Future is as a TE/H-back/FB. Physical guy. Get the ball in his hands and watch D-backs bounce off. Ellis proved he will get the opportunity to earn a scholarship under Butch.

Thanks for the post, OP. Michael Muszik's one of those flashes of sunshine that brighten up even sunny days. Whoever's our new OC's just gotta' love this assortment of youngsters he's going to be able to mold from day one. Those needed short yardage plays have just become more do-able...3rd and 4th and short and quick outs or slants to the TE. Whatta' great bunch of skilled kids!

Reactions: 3 people
Love getting these kind of walk-ons. ST contributor by year two IMO

He could become a very good H-back for us one day. He may not be a consistent receiving TE option, but he could very easily see the field due to his blocking ability.

Kids like this turn into great players by their Junior and Senior seasons. They also play key roles in a championship season!

Something about this kid reminds me of Mark Weisman of Iowa. If he is anything close to him, wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Saw in the recruiting tweets thread were he had committed to be a preferred walk-on and wanted to start a thread for him but I'm lacking 100 post

Most posters/fans want to run the jumbo package at the goal line. If Butch decides to do so, here's the FB.

VN Store

Back