'16 GA RB JaQua Daniels

attachment.php

Yes it is. But this jacket is the best thing to ever come out of Clarke Central High School.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm just going to guess his 40 time is inaccurate. The 40 isn't everything, but that would be quite slow for a D1 back

247 says 4.81 40 and ncsa says 5.00...I guess we should just trust the coaches?

Oh i have let it go. But we still have to many idiots on this board. No getting past that!

Anytime a RB is offered by Georgia he is a take all day!

Lol. He never had a committable offer at UGA. The kid will sign with a school like Wake Forrest or Louisville. I wish him the best of luck but we're in on better players at that position.

Lol. He never had a committable offer at UGA. The kid will sign with a school like Wake Forrest or Louisville. I wish him the best of luck but we're in on better players at that position.

He may have been talking about Daniels since he has an early offer from GA. Not sure tho..

Interesting offer, given Daniels' reported speed & lack of production so far at the HS level:
* 2013: 149 carries for 742 yards (5.0 ypc) & 12 TDs
* 2014: 142 carries for 736 yards (5.2 ypc) & 10 TDs

He was named honorable mention all-region last season. Seems to be injury-prone: suffered a hamstring pull and separated shoulder during the preseason; was held to 30 yards on 11 carries by Gainesville and was reportedly holding his ribs frequently during that game; and he injured an arm in a basketball game last month.

His coach says, "He produces. He’s a very big back and he’s got really good speed. He’s a physical running back. He’s got great hands and he’s got great vision to find the hole and he’s good at making yards after contact. So whenever you combine his speed with his size, plus he can catch the football, you’re going to get looks from big-time schools and that’s exactly what’s happened."
Opponents beware: Clarke Central's Daniels is back to full strength | Online Athens

While this take on Daniels' game isn't quite as glowing:

Daniels isn’t a burner, but he does a better than average job of finding holes and punching through them, or using the outside lanes to create space and find a second gear (a gear that is quicker than you’d think come game time).

That said, he doesn’t have the best hands and he relies heavily on size and strength to power through holes and make plays; and while his lack of speed is something that does work against him, in some cases, he is a player with good balance, good vision, and good instincts with the football. He’s tough to take down once he gets moving and he can pick up plenty of yards after contact once he gets a head of steam.

He may not have the flash or dash of a Keith Marshall, Sony Michel, or Nick Chubb, but his ceiling is high, there’s room for growth, and given the right coaching...Daniels could develop into a solid player down the line.

Georgia Recruiting: 2016 RB JaQua Daniels

Last edited:
This is one of the first offers that I have questioned. Numbers issues aside, I would just take Lewis this year as opposed to offering this kid for next year. Lewis is bigger, faster, and just an overall better athlete.

Is this kid a take for UGA? Does anyone know how many they take this year? If we strike out on some of our other targets, maybe we turn up the heat here?

My guess would be 2 rb's, though they did tell Holyfield they would be ok with him being their only RB this class. However, HG said ppl on the UM boards were talking as though Amir Rasul (their top RB) is going to flip to UGA. Seems like Daniels might be the odd man out if UGA takes those two.

VN Store

Back