Rivals Molesting Gators...

OuterBanksVol

Florida_581799_4119188.jpg

2015 Gator recruiting class:

5* None
4* None
3* 8

#94 nationally.

Looking forward to this game... for the next 5 years!

Reactions: 46 people
View attachment 89274

5* None
4* None
3* 8

#94 nationally.

I think they will close pretty well. Enough to get back into the top 25 or so. McElwain is Bama's former OC, (if I heard it right on ESPN), and did a bang up job at Col.St.

We can't count a win against the Gators until we actually do it. Never would have thought Muschamp would have had a chance against us this year. Oh well.

Reactions: 10 people

5* None
4* None
3* 8

#94 nationally.

I admit it does feel good to see Florida ranked that low. Still, I wouldn't expect it to last too long. And I certainly don't expect it to last for five seasons.

Underestimating Florida next year would be a mistake. They still have an immense amount of talent on both sides of the ball. The weakness in this recruiting class won't really hit them for a few seasons and they might be able to make up for it in 2016.

Reactions: 4 people
Some of you guys are just obnoxious and have terribly short memories. Don't be like Lane Kiffhole--let's show some big time success on the field before we start running our mouths.

Reactions: 24 people
Hate to say it but gators could start a walk on QB and a hurt true freshman RB and injured defense and still find a way to beat us! Until we start beating them every year, we can't talk trash! Case in point this year. They bring in a true freshman backup QB and find a way to beat us by one point

Reactions: 11 people
yep, I am glad I'm old enough to remember how they sucked in the 70's, I remember years when they were winless, I remember "run Lindsay run" I can remember when they were on probation, I can remember Charlie Pell.....oh yes the good ole days and I am like everyone else it seems, I will have to see it to believe it

Reactions: 5 people
Swain event this morning said that they only had like 55 guys on scholarship right now, don't know how accurate that is (and don't feel like looking it up), but it's certainly interesting. Can't say that I feel sorry for them.

Reactions: 2 people
McElwain inherited good players at CSU and was fortunate enough to get a transfer RB from his previous coaching stop to come to CSU. I'm not sold on him bringing Florida back, but I also don't consider Florida a push over. Only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
They're in a similar spot to what UT was when CDD was fired. The recruiting class was garbage when CBJ took over because no one would commit to UT while CDD was on the hot seat. CBJ took it from ranked around 50 to a top 25 class if memory serves.

McElwain will probably do something similar. Next year is when we'll really find out if he can recruit.

Reactions: 1 person
They bring in a true freshman backup QB and find a way to beat us by one point

our kryptonite, I don't believe in superstitions but this has come true too many times for it not to be true. at least when it is unplanned, and not a two quarterback system.

Never saw a trophy given out for winning the recruiting rankings in Feb. Got to play th game in the fall.. It could take 3 years before a bad or good class can effect the W-L records.

yep, I am glad I'm old enough to remember how they sucked in the 70's, I remember years when they were winless, I remember "run Lindsay run" I can remember when they were on probation, I can remember Charlie Pell.....oh yes the good ole days and I am like everyone else it seems, I will have to see it to believe it

We need to remind the young whippersnappers on VN that Florida was NOTHING until Spurrier got there....ZERO SEC titles from 1933-1990!......ZERO (same # as Vandy & one less than Miss State!)

Reactions: 2 people
FL may very well only take a few more bodies this year. Look for them to do what Butch did and take 30+ next year. Hopefully this class puts them in enough of a hole that we can finally get a win.

McElwain inherited good players at CSU and was fortunate enough to get a transfer RB from his previous coaching stop to come to CSU. I'm not sold on him bringing Florida back, but I also don't consider Florida a push over. Only time will tell.

The same could be said about both of Butch's previous jobs. Took over a Brian Kelly squad at CMU and Cincinnati. I think McElwain is an upgrade from Muschamp and they'll win more under him. However, I don't think they'll get really good again until about 3 years down the road. They still have a lot of talent on that team and will always be able to recruit well just because they're Florida and breed elite talent every year.

Some of you guys are just obnoxious and have terribly short memories. Don't be like Lane Kiffhole--let's show some big time success on the field before we start running our mouths.

So true but to many on VN a 7 win season means we r champions....n no way we lose to ou, fla etc..

never mind this staff couldn't beat the worst fla team n recent history n lost to candy at home..

I hope they get over the hump this yr for sure..

VN Store

Back