VolNation 8 Ball

Face

VolNation Con Man
Mods,

I'm not sure what kind of parameters can be set for voting polls, but is it possible to set up a poll with date filters that would allow VN members to see a snapshot of the current sentiment of where a recruit will end up? Essentially, an amateur's crystal ball prediction.

For example, can a poll be added to a recruits thread that is set up to only show the moving voting results of the last 7 days?

It could be called the "VolNation 8 Ball"

Just curious of the format of the site could support something like that. I think it would be a really cool, interactive feature.

Thanks! :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
Seems like a fun idea. Would be awesome if we could track the accuracy of each member. Seems like a lot of work, but I'd even be willing to put down a little money for something like that.

Am I allowed to change my predictions at least ten times............

daily?

Haha, I think a proper system should allow one vote per week.

In my eyes, it's less of an eCred tool and more of a snapshot of where we think a recruit ends up. But, it's definitely eCred evidence. However, only the last vote would count if the poll is formatted as I proposed, if that is even possible to do with the current application.

I could easily set up a Google doc to do it, but that probably couldnt be housed by the site.

This is not what I thought this thread was gonna be about. :eek:lol:

Attachments

• 8 ball.jpg
    8 ball.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 18 people
you get more points the earlier you have the correct prediction, i think 24/7 has a sliding scale like that.

don't think it works very well if it gets rid of information every 7 days. then it wouldn't matter when you voted which guy where. you would have to keep picking all the 5*s to UT and the 2*s to Bama.

VN Store

Back